I'm wiring up a guitar. I have a diagram, but I have some serious questions about it...?

• Thread starter ACfireandiceDC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ACfireandiceDC

Reaction score
So, I have a wiring diagram. I want to wire some EMG 707s into the guitar, with 1 volume, an input jack, 3-way selector, and 18v electronics. Please bare with me as I'm a noob here and haven't done this before.

1. Which terminal of the battery faces the pickups? I assume it's the negative terminal but I'm not certain.

1a. For the 18v mod, it really is as simple as just connecting the two batteries in series, right?

2. The diagram is for SD blackouts, but I'm wiring up EMGs. Do the same principles apply? Are the any differences I need to take into consideration?

3. This is a total noob question, but for the black wire that has the ground connection from the volume knob, all I have to do is ground it to the bridge, right?

3a. And do I need to shield the cavity at all?

Attachments

• 2BO_3G_1V.jpg
    2BO_3G_1V.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
EMGs don't need the bridge ground, but otherwise, yes, it goes to the bridge. The black wire on the battery clip goes to the jack, red to the pickup leads. Yes, 18V is two batteries in series. The Blackouts diagram should be fine.

Pay attention to where you're connecting wires to the jack. If you don't have signal when you plug in, start by double checking those connections.