Improving my mix

• Thread starter alessandroarzilli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Phobos//Deimos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m certainly no expert but it sounds like a really good start to me. I think the guitars, especially when palm muting, are a bit thin and buzzy (for lack of a better word), so maybe try some soft saturation on them to warm em up a bit. And the vocals, while well performed And mostly where they need to be sort of sound a bit warbly, like they are underwater some how.

Sorry if these observations are too vague, ha! And certainly take them with a grain of salt. Keep it up and post your final!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I actually kind of dug it, although in a weird way. I found the guitars to be a bit buzzy and fizzy on top, but in a very 90's death metal way, and putting it to a more djent/core/proggy song was actually kind of refreshing to hear a different tone than the sharp precise mid focused djent tone we do today.

That being said, I still would clean it up a little bit, maybe a little less gain and presence.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the guitar tone is good but the mix seems unbalanced. The guitars and vocals are burying everything else.