Impulses/VST question

• Thread starter Jzbass25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Hey guys, tomorrow I get some recording gear and I will probably be both micing and using vst amps/impulses. (Also going to use them for my gsp1101)

I own red wires impulses that I bought on sale last year and I also bought recabinet 2 but when I reinstalled windows it wouldn't let me transfer the files and recab 3 just came out so they won't let me redl recab 2. :nuts:

Should I just use red wires and free impulses or should I also buy recab 3? It seems like it would be good and I can get it at a discounted price since I'm a recab 2 user.

Also any other impulses free or payed you guys like? Also I wanted to ask about any vst amps or effects you guys suggest AND any settings you prefer on these vst's. I have some lepou amps but that is it, I havent had time to find any super sweet settings since my last interface hated my pc. (Loved my laptop though)

Thanks guys, hope to be posting some clips in a few days :hbang: , but they'll be poorly mixed so don't beat me up :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
i use lepou amps/ lecab with guitarhacks impulses
i also use a gsp1101
it works fine for me

T.T

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot to say I also dl'd guitarhack's impulses. How does the gsp sound directly to pc? Does lepou still beat it in amp emulation?

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
yes, lepou does sound better, the gsp for distortion sounds pretty..bluh..i do use its clean sounds though.