Innovative or sloppy?

• Thread starter zukobro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
This music sucks. He has interesting and effective techniques, but he could be using them to accomplish something with so much more meaning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skanky

Reaction score
Hey "Insanely Amazing Guitar Solo" dude... thanks for giving us the money shot there. Ugh.

zukobro

Reaction score
This music sucks. He has interesting and effective techniques, but he could be using them to accomplish something with so much more meaning.

with all due respect who are you/me to say whether his song has "meaning" or not?
Classical musicians had equally complex pieces, as well as more tame, but their complex pieces somehow "mean" more than his because...why?

@Stealthtastic: I think he needs him an ENGL :p

zukobro

Reaction score
By man-bulge do you mean his dick or stomach?

lol ^^
When I first got the link sent to me I thought it was a joke. I don't know if all the guitar skills in the world would be worth sporting the dick/stomach bulge.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
with all due respect who are you/me to say whether his song has "meaning" or not?
Classical musicians had equally complex pieces, as well as more tame, but their complex pieces somehow "mean" more than his because...why?

What he played undoubtedly has meaning. However, I question that music's capacity for meaning. To me, it sounds like a directionless show of virtuosity bookended by a riff, and that I feel the same about that riff in the end as I did in the beginning. I liked a lot of the things he did, and he technique was phenomenal (when he double-handed taps that bit in octaves, it's pretty bitchin; simpler, but more innovative than how I usually see eight-finger tapping). Nevertheless, it was little more to me than technically interesting.

I am no one to say what merit this solo has for everyone else, but art is subjective and thus exists in individual opinion, both the good and bad; without having a spectrum of opinions, the art is dead. I'm not going to say I like a piece if I don't.

MJS

Reaction score
There's more out there by him if you search for Fernando Miyata.

A few more:

zukobro

Reaction score
What he played undoubtedly has meaning. However, I question that music's capacity for meaning. To me, it sounds like a directionless show of virtuosity bookended by a riff, and that I feel the same about that riff in the end as I did in the beginning. I liked a lot of the things he did, and he technique was phenomenal (when he double-handed taps that bit in octaves, it's pretty bitchin; simpler, but more innovative than how I usually see eight-finger tapping). Nevertheless, it was little more to me than technically interesting.

I am no one to say what merit this solo has for everyone else, but art is subjective and thus exists in individual opinion, both the good and bad; without having a spectrum of opinions, the art is dead. I'm not going to say I like a piece if I don't.

Ahh gotcha. Much better stated. Rock yer opinion in that case :p

@MJS: :0 woah...

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
He's just jamming over a static backing track and noodling... (in the 1st video, to show off to YT)

Melodic content lacking? Have you ears or not?

He's clearly mastered the Malmsteen and Kotzen techniques from the late 80's and the Tom Morello pedal thing, too. Great player!

12 seconds of that in a great song with a powerful singer would be great! :D

As to sloppy or not, the only thing sloppy about this is the grease stain his man bulge left on his seat.

:rofl:

Seriously, a player like this should think about personal presentation as he clearly is beyond learning anything new on guitar. He should make an attempt to look half as good as he sounds. Shawn Lane suffered with medical problems and was prescribed steroids which made him bloated, and unfortunately he died tragically young.

There is a English guy called Jamie Oliver, who has tried to reform school provided food from grease guzzelling calorie overloaded **** packed to the max with angel dust, hormones, steroids, anti bacterial agents and animal anti biotics (read as burgers, Mc nuggets and turkey twizzlers) to healthy organic foods, for a low cost. It worked in the UK, to some extent and Jamie's visit to LA, in the States is airing tonight on British TV. From the trailer it looks like he got run out of town!

:hunter:

Jamie Oliver certainly isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but, much like the Blues Brother's; He's on a mission from God!

He's got a cute wife and a young family so he's quite passionate and believes in his global school lunch crusade.

Try and see the show, should be interesting, as the kids are our future (some say) and it looks like the future is fat. I'm just putting this out there so the chicks aren't fat by the time I hit my mid-life crisis.

:rofl:

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. Much better stated. Rock yer opinion in that case :p

Yeah, when I first entered this thread, I was in an asshole sort of mood. It happens - my singer will tell you that I occasionally cut people off on the freeway with deliberation when we carpool (but only if they deserve it). :lol:

zukobro

Reaction score
Yeah, when I first entered this thread, I was in an asshole sort of mood. It happens - my singer will tell you that I occasionally cut people off on the freeway with deliberation when we carpool (but only if they deserve it). :lol:

Hey, some of the best musicians do this :p

I'm more impressed with your ability to actually recall it. Not many can say "OOPS, sorry, my dick hung out for a sec". lol. I kinda have the "bitter jaded old man" attitude. How I got that at 23 is a longer story :p

but for the record, carpooling with bandmates can be one of the most awkward things ever. (like having a street racer drummer who wants to go literally 115 everywhere he goes.)

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Hey, some of the best musicians do this :p

Sweet. I'm in good company. :lol:

I'm more impressed with your ability to actually recall it. Not many can say "OOPS, sorry, my dick hung out for a sec". lol. I kinda have the "bitter jaded old man" attitude. How I got that at 23 is a longer story :p

Thing is, I'm actually a super-mellow, really really nice guy; so if I ever act up, I get stuck thinking about it. As for old man-ness, I get that too. :hbang:

but for the record, carpooling with bandmates can be one of the most awkward things ever. (like having a street racer drummer who wants to go literally 115 everywhere he goes.)

Myself and my bandmates are basically the same person, so it hasn't been a problem yet, but I see how that could be weird. I think the most awkward moment between me and my bandies was when I told my bassist that I thought that the concept of tonewoods in electric guitars was complete bullshit and he just passively suggested the converse. :lol:

zukobro

Reaction score
Sweet. I'm in good company. :lol:

Thing is, I'm actually a super-mellow, really really nice guy; so if I ever act up, I get stuck thinking about it. As for old man-ness, I get that too. :hbang:

Myself and my bandmates are basically the same person, so it hasn't been a problem yet, but I see how that could be weird. I think the most awkward moment between me and my bandies was when I told my bassist that I thought that the concept of tonewoods in electric guitars was complete bullshit and he just passively suggested the converse. :lol:

lmao! most awkward conversation between bandmates in the car for me was:

I live with my ex, whose also my closest friend. (relationship just didn't work.)

My lead singer came to grab me for practice, and in the car, for 45 minutes, went on for how much he was "infatuated" by this girl. Yeah...Brotherhood of musicians my ass :p