Interactive 360° lyric video (The Zenith Passage)

Bouvre

Guitarist of The Faceless
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Justin McKinney and I play guitar in The Faceless and The Zenith Passage.

TZP just released a new song off of our debut Full length, Solipsist
The song is in the first ever 360° lyric video.
Check it out and let me know what you think!! :hbang:

Our album drops 04/15/16 on Unique Leader Records.
You can preorder that bad boy here:

The Zenith Passage - Unique Leader Records

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Am I supposed to spin around or something?

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Yeah, watch it with the youtube app on your phone, then use your phone as a visor, spin around, look around.

I've been wondering when a band would ultilise this functionality. This is awesome. I'm thinking of investing in the new LG 360 degree camera and having that on stage instead of a go pro. Would be great to capture 'be a part of the band on stage' 360 degree style footage.

Great song btw.

Bouvre

Reaction score
Thanks dudes! Ya we're thinking of maybe doing a 360 degree music video, but apparently the camera to film that is insanely expensive

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Yeah they are. The tech isn't the biggest hurdle, it's the stiching software that costs an arm an a leg.

You can get head mounts for 3 go pros that will capture 360 with enough overlay for stitching.

The new LG 360 and Samsung Gear 360 cameras are cool, but not music video quality. I'm planning on getting one to replace the go-pro we always have on stage. I reckon that footage + soundboard audio capture would be cool videos to put up every now and then for social media engagement.

That being said, I have no idea if the app that comes with these LG/Samsung products even allows video editing.

Something to look into if you're upgrading to the LG G5 or Samsung S7 anyway, as they have stock 360 video apps that transfer from these cameras and uploads to your channel of choice.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Tasteful glitch riffs. Although I can't seem to get the 360 degrees thing to work

Bouvre

Reaction score
Tasteful glitch riffs. Although I can't seem to get the 360 degrees thing to work

Thanks! The 360° can be a little weird at times. If youre viewing on a computer every web browser supports 360° video besides Safari for some reason (which makes me believe apple is coming out with some sort their own 360° video platform of some sort.)

If youre viewing it on your cell phone, open up the video in the actual YouTube app. It only works that way.
Lemme know if that works for you!

Bouvre

Reaction score
I was thinking of a 360 band practise with one of these in the middle of the room, just for a teaser before tours etc.

ya thatd be way sick. I know Mythbusters put out a 360° video that has some pretty damn good quality, not entirely sure which camera and editing software they are using though.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I'm guessing i need a more current version of the YouTube app on my phone..

Reaction score
Planetary Duality 2 here we come!:lol:
Loved the 2 new tracks you guys have put out and the pre production for Simulated Reality. The section from 2:45-3:00 in Holographic Principle II has to be one of the sickest sounding things I've ever heard:metal:

takotakumi

Reaction score
I've been jamming this non-stop all week haha its waaaayy toooo good

Justin, I saw you guys mention on Facebook that there was a guitar tabbook pre-order
package? I checked the pre-order website and was unable to find it..

Or did I misread that? :p

Really excited for this album, I was only excited for Obscura's Akroasis this year but this is on the same level now :eek: :eek:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Cant check it now cuz I'm at work, but I remember pendulum did a 360MV a while back. It was an interesting concept, but the video itself was pretty lame.

The 360 on stage thing sounds insanely cool though.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
how often to do get compared to soreption? Cause the riff style is just so so similar. The song is awesome, not trying to .... on it or anything.

Bouvre

Reaction score
I've been jamming this non-stop all week haha its waaaayy toooo good

Justin, I saw you guys mention on Facebook that there was a guitar tabbook pre-order
package? I checked the pre-order website and was unable to find it..

Or did I misread that? :p

Really excited for this album, I was only excited for Obscura's Akroasis this year but this is on the same level now :eek: :eek:

Thanks dude, stoked you like it. We were initially going to include the tab book with presales, but its not going to be manufactured in time. We will have it available after the album release!

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Nice!, really digging the video and new track. Was going to order up the cd ASAP, but would also like a tab book of something new, fun and challenging to learn. So please do let us know and if you can do a CD + Tab book package. :metal: