Is acacia still around?

• Thread starter Dabo Fett
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
With Gibson, buying new, you get a return policy and can play a few dozen LPs at a variety of stores to find a good one. With a used 2228, you're getting something that you can sell on pretty easily without much of a loss. With a Washberg, you're ostensibly relying on Ola Strandberg's name and reputation.

With Acacia, you're buying a questionable instrument from a questionable luthier and there's no guarantee you won't have an expensive paperweight at the end of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Reaction score
I think it could be worth it if OP has the money to give it a try. Never know, dude could have learned how to build a proper guitar by now and he gets a steal. If any of you guys have tried building at home, you know what a year or two of practice can do for your building skills.

None of that changes the fact that they have indeed blatantly lied to customers of theirs in the past, so thats the type of guy you are giving money to.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
So a fly by night builder turned out to be a fly by night builder?? Shock!

I dont know what alot of you guys on this site are thinking, giving money to all these companies with no cred or anything.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Are you in the Long Island Guitarist's Forum (I recognize your profile pic from the LIGE.)? If you are post pics there lol. If it's good you get to brag and if it's bad you'll get every tech under the sun telling you how to fix it.

Can't wait to see this.

i am indeed! haha its quite possible this thing may end up there if i decide to go through with it. never had an 8 string before, dont plan on using it like an 8 string anyway as much as a 7 string tuned to A with a doubled high D string. we'll see.

also just so everyones on the same page, by no means am i expecting the greatest guitar ever made, just something along the lines of what is in this price range. he accepted an offer of $1100. My RG927 cost me $1k, to which i added $300 in pickups and dont have a case for. The acacia has pickups id leave in(which is pretty damn rare for any of my guitars) and has a hard shell case. If it plays like a mid range Indo guitar, I'm happy. this would be my live/touring/beat up guitar, the s5427 would still be my baby and studio #1.

so like i said, hard to be majorly let down when my sights on it arent too high to begin with. Even if it plays like my prestige, I have absolutely no plans to pay them $2-3k for a custom. if it works out, maybe there is some hope out there that somebody actually learned something from their mistakes. if not, it didnt cost anyone else anything and hopefully i can be another piece to point to to steer others away from them, no hard feelings from me towards you guys even if i have to go to war with them, ive been warned, i just rarely listen:nuts:

TL;DR- i volunteer as tribute!(not sure if that means what i think it does, never saw the movie hahaha)

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
its true though! acacia could have learned to build a proper guitar! and maybe in that same alternate reality i'd know how to actually play a damned 8 string! anythings possible!