Is EZ Mix worth it?

• Thread starter seanstephensen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

seanstephensen

Reaction score
should I look at investing in EZ Mix and a couple expansions? Especially if I already have Izotope Alloy, Nectar and Ozone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
I've seen it, and I'm not convinced, it just, beefs shit up and has a few compressors, limiters, reverbs, and EQ's which seem a bit to extreme and do sound a bit.... wierd, the vocal stuff seems decent but to be honest, I'd stick to your guns if I'm honest, your DAW could probably give you more freedom than what the "EZ Mix" gives you.

DILFalmighty

Reaction score
yeah, your daw defiantly gives you more freedom. in my opinion your kinda cheating yourself out of good experience finding the sound and learning the tools yourself. i really think its more of a way for toontrack to entice buyers in with celebrity names than it is by providing a valuable tool. dont waste the $$

Alexdeliverance

Reaction score
honestly i own ez mix and its my go to tool for quick projects were you need the tone to be good straight up and its good for tracking and having a decent tone instead of waiting until the mixing part. so it gives the band an idea of where the sound is going. to me ez mix is fast efficient and easy. used it in moderation on vocals bass and drums couple with a few daw effects and youll love it. i use it more on buses tho!

Inazone

Reaction score
My band's new drummer mixed our CD in his studio, and he has tons of plug-ins and outboard gear, but I convinced him to buy EZ Mix anyway. It was absolutely worth it, especially with the Daniel Engstrand <sp?> Metal pack. Although it's definitely not the only plug-in we used, it ended up all over our mixes - guitar, bass, drums and vocals depending on what we were going for in a particular song.

Personally, I think it was useful on bass and vocals most of all, and well worth the money just for that.