Is Helix/Helix LT the only modeler...

• Thread starter GunpointMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
...that comes in the floor format with an expression pedal that can do 1/4" and XLR outputs with a constant level at the XLR output?
TL;DR - what other modelers have XLR and 1/4" outs where you can have different levels on each without messing with individual presets?

I've got a project coming up that is probably going to be playing places with floor stages/basements/garages/etc and I'm trying to find something a little less expensive than the Helix LT that I can hook up to our IEM rig and stage amps without having to manage levels and DI boxes and stuff. Helix makes it easy because I can set the "big knob" to control just my stage amp via 1/4" while the XLR outs remain at mic level so I can run the right one to the IEM rig and the left to any additional sound reinforcement without worrying about if adjusting my stage level is changing the IEM/FOH level.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I can't say for certain that there's independent control as I haven't ever used one, but the Hotone Ampero seems like it could fit the bill. Maybe shoot their CS an email?

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I can't say for certain that there's independent control as I haven't ever used one, but the Hotone Ampero seems like it could fit the bill. Maybe shoot their CS an email?
Just sent an email. Thanks for the suggestion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Other than the expression pedal part, and the added bit about "less expensive", the fractal stuff can do this pretty easily. FM3 has separate XLR and 1/4" outs that you can control both in the preset and with the big knobs at the top - I've got some presets that are exactly as you describe: out 1 with an IR to XLR for FOH purposes, and out 2 goes to a power amp.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Other than the expression pedal part, and the added bit about "less expensive", the fractal stuff can do this pretty easily. FM3 has separate XLR and 1/4" outs that you can control both in the preset and with the big knobs at the top - I've got some presets that are exactly as you describe: out 1 with an IR to XLR for FOH purposes, and out 2 goes to a power amp.
Yeah, I'm trying to find something that won't require me to build a pedal board around (I refuse to add an external expression pedal because I'm stubborn) and I'm looking for something I'll care less about getting stepped on/damaged/puked on/etc.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
People arent running IEM for basement shows.
Kind of irrelevant, because I will be. I'll be playing to a click with tracks and sending a mix from my rack to whatever awful PA is down there, too. Just because everyone else is gonna sound like dried turds doesn't mean I have to as well. I'll probably also be set-up and tore down faster than everyone, too.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of irrelevant, because I will be. I'll be playing to a click with tracks and sending a mix from my rack to whatever awful PA is down there, too. Just because everyone else is gonna sound like dried turds doesn't mean I have to as well. I'll probably also be set-up and tore down faster than everyone, too.
Im not saying dont, im explaining why no one else is juggling 3 volumes.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
I would say, if you're that uneasy about your gear being at the venue maybe don't play it?
Or do what Shade from Code Orange was doing and setup the pedalboard near the drummer?