Is my truss rod broken?

• Thread starter The-Zeronaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The-Zeronaut

Reaction score
So my neck is convex and to avoid fret buzz i have the string height pretty high...
so i decided to loose a little the truss rod (a quarter)...i wait a few hours...
and its still the same...i did it again...still the same...and now the truss rod is pretty loose...and if i do that the other way i reach a point where i cant fucking toughen up the truss...still with no change in the neck curvature...

is my truss rod broken or am i fucking retard and i am doing something wrong?

p.s: sorry if theres something wrong with the english

Thanks for the help

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
You have a single action truss rod, that's why when you loosen its not having much effect. Are you running really thick strings? You might have a warped neck too, which doesn't help things.
So my neck is convex and to avoid fret buzz i have the string height pretty high...
so i decided to loose a little the truss rod (a quarter)...i wait a few hours...
and its still the same...i did it again...still the same...and now the truss rod is pretty loose...and if i do that the other way i reach a point where i cant fucking toughen up the truss...still with no change in the neck curvature...

is my truss rod broken or am i fucking retard and i am doing something wrong?

p.s: sorry if theres something wrong with the english

Thanks for the help

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
it could also be bad fretwork in that case then, the RG270 isn't really high quality...

The-Zeronaut

Reaction score
thoughen up the truss rod (2 quarters) and i think im in the f*cking limit...if i pull hard i am afraid im going to break the neck...:S

the neck in totally flat and if i press the 1 and 24 fret the strings are totally against the fretboard.