Is this normal?

zou rui

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi! Everyone~ new here. Just buy a New Jackson JUGGERNAUT HT6FM,And when I got the guitar I found this big black line on fingerboard... Just want make sure is this normal on a newguitar??
will it make guitar sounds bad?

Attachments

• 1667276801739.jpeg
    1667276801739.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 1667276824133.jpeg
    1667276824133.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 209

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
To me, it just looks like either a mineral streak or maybe a minor bark inclusion. As long as you don't feel it, it shouldn't affect anything. It's just cosmetic. To me, it doesn't look like a crack.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me, it just looks like either a mineral streak or maybe a minor bark inclusion. As long as you don't feel it, it shouldn't affect anything. It's just cosmetic. To me, it doesn't look like a crack.

:agreed:

zou rui

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks everyone~!
this is not a crack for sure,so I will just ignore it:rocker:

zou rui

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It`s really disappoint for me when I first seen this big black line on a maple fingerboard...
But other than that this guitar is perfect!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yeah I love knots and mineral streaks and weird figurings, this is the same type of feeling to me as hearing a calloused finger slide on an acoustic guitar or hearing a jazz saxophonist take a quick breath, a reminder of the humanity/naturality of all these things we do.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I think that’s a major structural flaw…your neck is in jeopardy if it deviates from the climate it’s already in…luckily for you I don’t ever leave my house so I’m prepared to cut you of this burden and buy your guitar so you don’t have to stress anymore.

Since the neck is basically broken let’s say I write you a check for 250? :D

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Mineral streaks improve the tone by accentuating the high end and adding stiffness to the neck.

(THIS IS A JOKE)
Nope, not a joke. You’ve started the next great debate that will last centuries. Bold move, Jeph, bold move :fever:

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Looks like not a crack but those streaks of dark soft crumbly stuff that leaves a void in the wood. I would at least get a discount for such a large blemish in a place that should be perfectly smooth. That probably should have been sold as a 2nd or B stock.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
So what you're saying is I should take a pencil and add mineral streaks to my fretboard?!

I polish my frets with steel wool without masking, then buff the filings into the fingerboard.

You can also smash up a razor blade between two hammers (remember, safety glasses are for dorks) and the hammer the shards into your board.

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 3.29.39 PM.png