Is this ok to vent or post here? Anyone else have weight woes?

• Thread starter Jeries
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
They've got the right idea. When I lost weight I did it too fast, and it had repercussions. Slow and steady is good.

I wouldn't worry about eating the "idealized" picture of what you might think healthy food is - like you don't need to get picky about GMOs or what your food ate before you ate it - much broader looks at food are fine at this stage. Less jerky is the right idea. Less chips and junk is the right idea. Leaner meats, chicken, fish, etc. are good for you when combined with the rest of the things you need - the trick is to have those instead of a giant greasy bacony burger. You don't need dessert every day - that's a treat, not a meal. Even better if you prepare meals yourself so that there's no surprises. Remember that eating a salad every day is only useful if you're not also eating junk right before or after. It's not about the salad, it's about the lack of the junk. Besides, salads can be great if you do it the right way.

I won't do lipo, but I will do sonobello if it works
Honestly, I think your perspective might change once you've lost the weight you wanted and appearances might not be a big deal anymore. If anyone sees me with no shirt on it's pretty clear that I used to be heavier - you can't not see it - but it doesn't bother me. Not because I don't care what I look like - I do - but because the health aspect has become more important. Anyone who cares that much about the exact shape of your torso isn't worth your time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Yup. There's no need to be that hard on yourself. I was never exactly going to win any beauty contests, but part of the journey is acknowledging that it's not the point.

This is me when I was much heavier (~300lbs) vs what I look like right now (~165lbs):
compare.jpg
Those are neither my worse or my best. I've been heavier, and I've been lighter. Past a certain point, lighter doesn't look better. You know what does look good though? Being healthy. People who take care of themselves look good. If your looks bother you, deal with the health first, and the looks will improve on their own.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
For what it's worth anyway, I think for those kinds of cosmetic surgeries (like what I'd need if I wanted to hide that I've ever been overweight), you need the recommendation of a doctor and to prove that you can keep the weight off before they'll even let you do it in the first place. I think?

mr coffee

Reaction score
Thank you too then.

This is going to sound very, let's just say, strange, but can anyone tell me about the "cool body sculpting"
I know its too early for anything like that but I want to know if it actually works and if anyone has had success with it

I won't do lipo, but I will do sonobello if it works

Hey, bro, I can give you about as much information as you can handle - I've had a variety of sessions myself, as has my wife, and now we own our own business providing these services.

We do cryolipolysis, ultrasonic cavitation, laser, and radio frequency skin tightening. It's pretty neat stuff, and it works. Not everybody is an ideal candidate, but any decent business will do a consultation at no cost to you and help you determine if you are a good candidate and what the most effective modality will be for you. They should also be able to give you some idea of what to expect in terms of results.

If you want a bit of a breakdown of how the different technologies work, check out my site, under the "Treatments" tab there are pages going over the details of each modality:

glamsquadhtx.com

Obviously I don't expect you to come to Houston to buy services from us, I'm not trying to sell you on this, but I wanted to offer you some knowledge. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

-m

mr coffee

Reaction score
For what it's worth anyway, I think for those kinds of cosmetic surgeries (like what I'd need if I wanted to hide that I've ever been overweight), you need the recommendation of a doctor and to prove that you can keep the weight off before they'll even let you do it in the first place. I think?

Procedures such as cryolipolysis, ultrasonic cavitation, and laser aren't considered surgical procedures like bariatric surgery, lipo, etc; what they do is cause damage to fat cells, the contents of which are then eliminated through the lymphatic system. RF skin tightening uses stimulates growth of collagen and elastin. Different localities have different laws regarding these types of procedures, but many states as well as many countries outside of the US do not require a doctor to be on staff as the procedures are not considered to be medical procedures, although they are FDA approved and the equipment used for these types of procedures is FDA cleared. There is no down time, no recovery time, no side effects.

-m

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Fair enough. The core of my thought is to focus on health first and the aesthetic later. Once your health is in line, I can't fault someone for wanting to look good.

soliloquy

Reaction score
57f4c89c791d37356ab838307a229adb.jpg

losing 5lbs of fat is actually a much bigger deal than you think. be proud of that weight you lost

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
Ted I totally agree with that philosophy

at the same time, I am thinking if lose substantial weight, mr coffees experience sounds intriguing

thx for that very in depth review

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Focus on one thing at a time. Losing weight will also improve your aesthetic and quality of life.

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help

my cousin has ruined all of my connections here so I just wanted to thank you for the support but since I’m persona non grata I will leave the OGs alone...

thanks SSO

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
No unfortunately. I am based in Arizona (Bisbee and Phx, and Tempe sometimes) so while we have the largest fridge on earth (or in America) down in Yuma, its not what I would call farmer market or farm to table really. Sometimes walking in the heat is too much; BUT honestly, if I am getting serious about this and do it the Jared way, I can in fact take a little umbrella/sun hat and a little stroller to carry the stuff back....that's not a bad idea. Publix is like half a mile walk I would estimate so I can get my meal to prepare daily while I walk and excercise- thats a great idea that might simplify my regimen a little more now that spring is here. thank you
There's a publix in Yuma?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
MCAS commissary probably a better option I reckon

We used to meet tons of local girls at the local grocery store... but it wasnt a publix. When 9/11 happened you couldn't bring local women to the e-club anymore. Historians will tell you, that was the true tragedy from that day.

Yuma did have two Applebees though. And I still have my Famous Sams and Platinum T shirts lol.

And the commissary was always a good deal... no taxes.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
We used to meet tons of local girls at the local grocery store... but it wasnt a publix. When 9/11 happened you couldn't bring local women to the e-club anymore. Historians will tell you, that was the true tragedy from that day.

Yuma did have two Applebees though. And I still have my Famous Sams and Platinum T shirts lol.

And the commissary was always a good deal... no taxes.
Eclub bunnies ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.