Jackson American Series

• Thread starter DaddleCecapitation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ikarus

Reaction score
Not mine, but I thought these were better

433006060_971649514963021_8889195480373901477_n.jpg

433135376_971649471629692_5020521955708905742_n.jpg

433001144_971649464963026_6533967785977995986_n.jpg

pics dont work. Can someone link me or reupload?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair it wasn’t just the dry fretboard, there was also the shoddy paint above the nut and the gig bag. But if you get one that is good and you like it more power to you. I don’t think I’ll be buying one of these but the videos I’ve seen they look pretty cool. I like the green.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
To be fair it wasn’t just the dry fretboard, there was also the shoddy paint above the nut and the gig bag. But if you get one that is good and you like it more power to you. I don’t think I’ll be buying one of these but the videos I’ve seen they look pretty cool. I like the green.

I've seen several of the SL3s in person. Some look totally fine/awesome. Others have poor paint around the neck/fretboard junction and around the Floyd.

Seems like they should be cool guitars, but I wouldn't buy sight unseen unless returning is easy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Funny enough, tho I don't have the pics anymore, I can assure the artist posting them (he was a famous guy as far as socials can tell) said he was ecstatic by how the guitar came out, and noone pointing out those blemishes.
I guess people really buy guitars without even knowing what a good instrument looks like, much less sounds,

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Funny enough, tho I don't have the pics anymore, I can assure the artist posting them (he was a famous guy as far as socials can tell) said he was ecstatic by how the guitar came out, and noone pointing out those blemishes.
I guess people really buy guitars without even knowing what a good instrument looks like, much less sounds,

CHUGMAN SAYS BUY, I BUY

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen several of the SL3s in person. Some look totally fine/awesome. Others have poor paint around the neck/fretboard junction and around the Floyd.

Seems like they should be cool guitars, but I wouldn't buy sight unseen unless returning is easy.
Sounds like you really need to buy from a dealer that will nitpick the QC. Axe Palace seems to do this and regularly send back bad guitars to the MFG.

juka

Reaction score
When Jackson started to offer the SL2 in MAD I simply could not longer resist and ordered one.
Not sure how this could have passed quality control as it is so obvious, but they completely f**ked up the installation of the locking nut.
Screwed in so tightly that the screw heads were damaged, but with a huge gap especially on the bass side.
Returned and won't get another one.
IMG_3990.jpeg

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
That's a shame! Did you get chance to play the guitar and get a feel for it?
Were you not tempted to put this one down to bad luck and try another?

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
When Jackson started to offer the SL2 in MAD I simply could not longer resist and ordered one.
Not sure how this could have passed quality control as it is so obvious, but they completely f**ked up the installation of the locking nut.
Screwed in so tightly that the screw heads were damaged, but with a huge gap especially on the bass side.
View attachment 142305

Jackson's U.S. Exclusive Shim Of Invisibility™

Did you remove the nut at all? I'm interested to see if they simply didn't drill the pilot holes, err, slam the screws in deep enough and called it good, or if the nut shelf was cut at a crazy angle or they drilled it for a shim and forgot to stick it under there. I like and hate reverse engineering bonehead stuff like this.

juka

Reaction score
Jackson's U.S. Exclusive Shim Of Invisibility™

Did you remove the nut at all? I'm interested to see if they simply didn't drill the pilot holes, err, slam the screws in deep enough and called it good, or if the nut shelf was cut at a crazy angle or they drilled it for a shim and forgot to stick it under there. I like and hate reverse engineering bonehead stuff like this.
Tried to remove the nut carefully, but man those wood screws were screwed in so crooked and the screw heads already so damaged, that I stopped immediately and returned it.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tried to remove the nut carefully, but man those wood screws were screwed in so crooked and the screw heads already so damaged, that I stopped immediately and returned it.
To be fair, I've seen Selects like that. :lol:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
View attachment 142305
That stinks, sorry man.

How many people did this get by? The guy that installed it, of course. Presumably there's a QC guy at FMIC that would be separate? And the dealer hopefully would look it over before accepting it from FMIC and shipping it to a customer?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That stinks, sorry man.

How many people did this get by? The guy that installed it, of course. Presumably there's a QC guy at FMIC that would be separate? And the dealer hopefully would look it over before accepting it from FMIC and shipping it to a customer?

The problem with the system is that it's in everyone's best interest to push whatever through and hope for the best.