Jackson American Virtuoso vs Ibanez RG5320

• Thread starter Blahblahblahblah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blahblahblahblah

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Curious what you all would choose. I like necks similar to the Jackson; never tried a Wizard neck. Similar price and specs otherwise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Super Wizard should be in the same ballpark as the Jackson Speed Neck, albeit with a flat 17” radius instead of the 12”-16” compound radius. They should both be thinner than a Jackson Soloist neck.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Given a choice of those two I would go with the Ibanez, I think the fretwork is better on Prestige. Granted I’ve played tons of prestige and only one Virtuoso.
I happen to like the aesthetics of the binding and the natural back, that finish on the Ibanez is dope.

Lunaa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have an rg5121 prestige it is my 6 string I use I take out with me it is most reliable guitar I have next to mayones regius. I can not recommend them enough for the price best guitars in that bracket are prestiges. To me. As you can see it gets used haha

Attachments

• IMG_6110.jpeg
    IMG_6110.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 38

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The RG is the much better value. The lo-pro is far superior to a floyd and it has stainless steel frets. Stainless just feel flat out better to play. I have guitars with both. Much prefer the stainless. I'm also not a fan of the JB pickup at all. I don't know why FMIC insists on putting that and the equally garbage full shred in Charvels and Jacksons. Looks matter and the virtuoso would have been much better with the reverse stock. RG has always been one of the most attractive guitars to me.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If the current Edge Lo-Pros are as sweet as the old ones, it’s aces and doesn’t take a back seat to any fulcrum trem I’ve ever used.

Thesius

Reaction score
In my completely unbiased opinion I'm gonna have to suggest the Ibanez

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm also not a fan of the JB pickup at all. I don't know why FMIC insists on putting that and the equally garbage full shred in Charvels and Jacksons.

The JB has been the default Jackson bridge pickup for how long now? It’s a good all-around pickup that will (a) prove the guitar is wired up, (b) at least sort of work for most things, and (c) nail a few of them. It doesn’t surprise me that it’s not to the taste of a lot of players these days.