Jackson/Charvel NAMM 2019

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I like that they added blue frost and roasted maple to the pro series juggernauts but my past experiences with the pro series misha sigs have not been awesome

They did what now?

Edit: Damn, HT6 only.

The blue sky burst ht7 is kind of Kiesel level on the finish, not into it. That orange is way fucking cool, but I want to see IRL photos of it to really get a feel on if I will like it.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Whats the deal with all these non locking trem guitars. Do they really stay in tune as well as a Floyd locking trem , With real trem use?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
7 string Double Rhodes or whatever is cool. The 7-string burl thing is neat for what it is, I guess.

Those were the only 7-strings I saw. No 8s. Did I miss any?

xzacx

Reaction score
Whats the deal with all these non locking trem guitars. Do they really stay in tune as well as a Floyd locking trem , With real trem use?
In a word, “no.” Some of them do a pretty good job though. Personally I don’t see the appeal of a non-locking trem—they have the same perceived downsides of a locking trem (everything goes out of tune if you break a string, double stops, resting hand on bridge, etc.) without the benefit of elite tuning stability.

cardinal

Reaction score

They do well IME until you truly dump the trem. But for vibrato and bar scoops etc, they work well. If you put the bar all the way down, it’s not likely to come back perfectly in tune, though once you’re familiar with the specific guitar, you figure out how to finesse it (usually by tugging on the G string to snap it back to tune)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Not really, but not being the 80s, and the fact that most people using those aren't in extreme metal bands, the most common use of a trem is subtle vibrato, little dips here and there, and flutters, of course.

cardinal

Reaction score
The Music Zoo has pics of each custom guitar and build sheet for the Jackson and Charvel booth. Also for the Fender masterbuild stuff (no ERGs, of course)

Shask

Reaction score
In a word, “no.” Some of them do a pretty good job though. Personally I don’t see the appeal of a non-locking trem—they have the same perceived downsides of a locking trem (everything goes out of tune if you break a string, double stops, resting hand on bridge, etc.) without the benefit of elite tuning stability.
I used to feel the same way until I got a PRS with the nonlocking trem. It really made me realize how much the locking nut makes strings feel stiffer, and harder to play overall. I have started to look at nonlocking trems because I can have my trem, but also the slinkier feel of not having a locking nut also. I also like that I don't have to hold my hand forward to not hit the fine tuners.

I agree that they can stay in tune pretty well, as long as you are not doing the Pantera squeals. I will keep my Floyds for that.

trem licking

Reaction score
I personally like the fact that with a locking trem you will never have to maintain the nut as well as it will accommodate any string size without modification. locking systems are EASIER if you want a floating trem.