Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

decoy205

Reaction score
It looks like the one they used on the USA Select SLATQH guitars. This is not mine, but gives a clear shot of the carve of the 3/4" quilt tops on them:

tbmbg5rutpwgjxnvbqri.jpg

Old school people maligned it when it came out, in comparison to the soft carve that was used earlier on archtops. I quite liked it. I have a cherry sunburst one, but would have preferred a tobacco burst or natural.

IMG_1928.jpg

being a fan of TOMs these look amazing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pfizer

Reaction score
Hi dudes, looking to purchase my second Charvel and need some advice.

My current main guitar is my San Dimas Pro Mod hardtail in Satin Orange and I love the thing. It sounds great and the neck is very comfortable.

Right now, I'm looking to get one of the new DK24 HH models in Burgundy Mist. I've previously owned an EBMM JP6 and I wanted something similar without getting a Sterling by Musicman.

I just wanted to know the current verdict on that guitar and how it compares to the earlier HSS and HSH models. I've been hearing that the newer HH models have some tuning stability issues so I might purchase a set of new Graphtech string trees and nut with the guitar. I'm also interested in how it sounds -- I play mostly metal and hard rock so I'm wondering if the SD Alnico Pro II + Full-Shred Bridge combo is as weird as it sounds on paper.

Finally, how does it compare to the Ibanez AZ Premiums? I tested one of those briefly and the neck was a tad too chunky for me.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Hi dudes, looking to purchase my second Charvel and need some advice.

My current main guitar is my San Dimas Pro Mod hardtail in Satin Orange and I love the thing. It sounds great and the neck is very comfortable.

Right now, I'm looking to get one of the new DK24 HH models in Burgundy Mist. I've previously owned an EBMM JP6 and I wanted something similar without getting a Sterling by Musicman.

I just wanted to know the current verdict on that guitar and how it compares to the earlier HSS and HSH models. I've been hearing that the newer HH models have some tuning stability issues so I might purchase a set of new Graphtech string trees and nut with the guitar. I'm also interested in how it sounds -- I play mostly metal and hard rock so I'm wondering if the SD Alnico Pro II + Full-Shred Bridge combo is as weird as it sounds on paper.

Finally, how does it compare to the Ibanez AZ Premiums? I tested one of those briefly and the neck was a tad too chunky for me.
Just bought that exact DK24 HH in Burgundy Mist last weekend. I have zero tuning issues, not sure what others are having. As for sounds, it's for sure a shredder sounding guitar. So if you are a rock/metal player, I think it's perfect. With the 5 way switch and the parallel switch, you get 10 sounds out of it so I really think you can get everything out of it. Compared to the AZ premium, the Charvel is WAY more worth it for the price. The neck is a lot thinner than the AZ and is a super comfy neck. I want to say the neck is about 19mm thick but a round C shape. The Charvel has a deeper roast, comfier neck, cheaper price, and IMO slightly better build quality.

mogar

Reaction score
I don't have the newer HH version, but I've been incredibly happy with my HSH. The neck is probably the most comfortable I've ever laid my hands on. And as far as sounds go, I have no problem getting the brootz out of mine.

pfizer

Reaction score
Just bought that exact DK24 HH in Burgundy Mist last weekend. I have zero tuning issues, not sure what others are having. As for sounds, it's for sure a shredder sounding guitar. So if you are a rock/metal player, I think it's perfect. With the 5 way switch and the parallel switch, you get 10 sounds out of it so I really think you can get everything out of it. Compared to the AZ premium, the Charvel is WAY more worth it for the price. The neck is a lot thinner than the AZ and is a super comfy neck. I want to say the neck is about 19mm thick but a round C shape. The Charvel has a deeper roast, comfier neck, cheaper price, and IMO slightly better build quality.

I don't have the newer HH version, but I've been incredibly happy with my HSH. The neck is probably the most comfortable I've ever laid my hands on. And as far as sounds go, I have no problem getting the brootz out of mine.

Great to know! Thanks for the help, good sirs. I held off on buying the HSH and HSS models but my patience was truly tested when people started saying how good they were. The new HH models are my total jam and I'm happy to know that they seem to be worth the hype.

dvnt88

Reaction score
Here's mine … Picked it up fpr a song and in mint condition … USA RR1 in Blue Ghost Flame … Will be installing a larger brass block, silent springs and hollow points for the Floyd as well as a set of DiMarzio Evo's in blue / black ...

Attachments

• 20190526_190558.jpg
    20190526_190558.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 27

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
I have pictures of that from Ran’s Old website!! I’ve always loved it - the purfling, the logo, everything!

manu80

Reaction score
couldn’t resist. Ain’t got 4k or more for a usa one
I could have done without the alien paint job on the body but that’s the joy of custom guitars
there are reverse headstock and green leds on the fingerboard so it got me sold on it, ha ha !
@Samark, could you please send me those ran site pics please ? I can only see the alien insert on their site.
Thx

Latest posts