Jackson Making Deep Cuts to Their Design Department?

• Thread starter LordCashew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Uhh...

2916654618_jac_ins_frt_01_rr.png

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/basses/x-series-concert-bass-cbxnt-dx-iv/2916654618

How many basses is this an amalgamation of? :lol:

I don't know if it's a really lazy bass design or some kind of expert-level troll. I want to buy one ironically...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That thing is uuuuuuuuuugly.

Until someone rocks one for 20 years while writing hit after hit and people become nostalgic for the green rickenbacker thing. I’m imagining a Geddy Lee/Lemmy type guy.

Then it’s USA custom shop only for the pre-relic’d version with only one dummy knob “just like the real one”.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, fail on making this 34" scale and P/J.

If you're going to make a pseudo-Rick might as well include the two most interesting/important parts, the shorter scale and original pickups. It's not like either is difficult.

Who's sitting there going "man, I'd love my bass to be half a Rick, but not as interesting"?

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Jesus Christ when are we going to stop putting brown fretboards on colored guitars? There are so few exceptions where brown actually looks good for a fretboard.

It's not likely that a brown(ish) fretboard would keep me from buying a guitar, necessarily, if most/all other things about said guitar are to my liking. But, it's never my first choice and that one in the OP looks very bad....

Phlegethon

Reaction score
It was said in the thread before, and bears asking again: Jackson has a design department?

Also, this thing is fuck ugly. But I actually like it because of this. Only thing putting me off is the compound radius fretboard. I prefer straight radii on my instruments Pickups/preamp might also need to be binned, if memory serves me the X series are lower end imports. And things like pickups/electronics may not feel terribly good to play on.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
It was said in the thread before, and bears asking again: Jackson has a design department?

It was supposed to be a joke, dammit! :lol:

I couldn't think of a better thread title off the cuff...

Looks like I shouldn't have made those cuts in my Thread Title Design Department.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I actually... kind of dig it. Not in a “I’d buy it” type of way, but if Jackson wanted to give me one? I’d rock it.

oldbulllee

Reaction score
never liked precission or jazz designs. precission particulary. i like it even less with a pointy headstock.