Jackson NAMM 2020

• Thread starter Lada The Great
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lada The Great

Reaction score
Since this thread has been made for every other guitar manufacturer out there, lets make one for Jackson :)

Michael Keene, seems to be getting a sig, kinda suprising considering recent shenanigans with The Faceless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218_163203.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218_163203.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 472
  • jackson-namm-2020.jpg
    jackson-namm-2020.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 128

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skullet

Reaction score
Looks like a fat caparison headstock:lol:

Surprised for sure.

EDIT: is that not a Vola?

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Are you sure that's Jackson? I'd be pretty surprised that's a Jackson judging by the headstock, but hell I hope I'm wrong because it looks badass.

Lada The Great

Reaction score
Oopsie, it is actually made by Vola. :facepalm: Thought that he was still with Jackson but he jumped to Vola during summer.

Bastian93

Reaction score
Are you sure that's Jackson? I'd be pretty surprised that's a Jackson judging by the headstock, but hell I hope I'm wrong because it looks badass.

I agree this does not look like a Jackson. Could it be a Vola Guitar Ares? They seem to be bolt on though. :confused:
He has posted a pic of one on insta a while ago and it seems to me he is no longer associated with Jackson Guitars. I could be wrong here as I dont follow him that closely.

Edit: got ninjaed
Vola-Ares-FR-BM-Tribal-Green-Burl-Satin.png

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard from two dealers that 7-strings are remaining Masterbuilt and that there is no indication they'll be opening back up to Masterbuilt orders for at least the first half of 2020.

That's all I really need to know really.

Additionally, no USA Dinky or Soloist in 7-string, at least as far as anyone (two dealers) knows.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Well that seems to follow trends at least. No one is really offering high end 7’s, apart from ESP USA and Ernie ball, etc. . It’s a shame.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Additionally, no USA Dinky or Soloist in 7-string, at least as far as anyone (two dealers) knows.

Jackson categorizes their Chris Broderick offerings as "soloists" even though the body shape and contours are different. I think they're covering the USA production 7s with that model as well as the juggernaut for a bolt-on alternative (in place of dinky).

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
They’re not Jacksons? Keene has been playing Vola for quite some time now

manu80

Reaction score
Don't get the vola hype.....Mayones rip off all the way....
Anyways....hard to know anything about jackson before Namm, they don't let stuff slip easily...
waiting for the rob Caggiano sig , the skatecaster/JJ mix looks great (import already ?) and the Loomis import sig maybe.
Why not put this topic in 6 string ? jackson isn't a "true" 7 string brand for me (like ibanez or schecter etc...)

Last edited:

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Jackson NAMM is just Customs with graphics, $9K Masterbuilts, the usual lineup of imports and Signature USAs. Nothing new. Fender has neutered Jackson this past three years and hardly anything exciting or new has come out. Where are the Warrior Pros at least??? Give me the bevels back on my Kelly and Warriors!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson NAMM is just Customs with graphics, $9K Masterbuilts, the usual lineup of imports and Signature USAs. Nothing new. Fender has neutered Jackson this past three years and hardly anything exciting or new has come out. Where are the Warrior Pros at least??? Give me the bevels back on my Kelly and Warriors!

I think it's the opposite problem.

They've let their master builders run the show and we've been subjected to their whims. All those relic'd "Gibsons" last year were what Mike Shannon wanted.

Remember those goofy Pablo builds?

They [FMIC] needs to rein things in. Give us stuff we might see in production some day.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I liked Planetary Duality just as much as the next guy, but it’s hard to believe anyone would want to associate with Keene at this point.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's the opposite problem.

They've let their master builders run the show and we've been subjected to their whims. All those relic'd "Gibsons" last year were what Mike Shannon wanted.

Remember those goofy Pablo builds?

They [FMIC] needs to rein things in. Give us stuff we might see in production some day.

Yeah this. Some of those Pablo builds were just horrendous.

Show us new production line guitars and build them in the Mexico shop that does the new Charvel DK24s. The Jacksons selling at basically that same price point are made in Indonesia and suck... which is really too bad because they look fantastic and spec out really well on paper. They are just horribly inconsistent and even the best one I played wasn't good enough for the money.

Latest posts