Jackson- VOGG!

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Updating because this guitar has me positively erect in anticipation... Saw them on Friday and Vogg played the Jackson all night (compared to when I saw them last year and he played his Ibanez Destroyer and the custom Explorer copy with Jackson headstock). I believe he changed to another identical guitar towards the end, or maybe just got caught up on something - he went to the side of the stage and lifted the guitar up and them came back and was adjusting the strap.
Also on his insta stories (or maybe those of the band) he had a flight case with maybe 3 or 4 identical Jacksons in, which would further go towards ruling out it being a custom shop, and pointing towards it being a production guitar.
Hopefully Jackson have learnt their lesson now with it being post-pandy and will be doing upcoming launches with stock ready to go.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
Those Offsets are some of the best Jackson CS guitars I’ve seen in a while
God, I like Mike's riffing and all he's done with Spiritbox, but if his recent Skatecaster customs are going to be his signatures then yikes. His other Jackson customs are fine, none really close to any of the Aristides he has though, but anything besides the offsets.

Lada The Great

Reaction score
Those Offsets are some of the best Jackson CS guitars I’ve seen in a while
Agreed. If Mike Stringer sig ever comes out I hope it is something similar to his custom skatecasters. Imo the last thing that ERG market currently needs is another goddamn superstrat with Fishmans and Evertune.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I had to go back and look them up, I could have sworn he used the Jackson Dominion headstock on them in a 7-string version but I guess he just went with the retro headstock. I'd say if they ditch the pickguards for a stock color vs. tortoise shell, and use traditional metal knobs vs Strat styles they MIGHT sell - but probably not.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
No news on this, but Vogg posted a warmup playthrough last night of Just a Cigarette.
The guitar looks phenomenal, and top left of the screen is a TOM bridge'd version of his Jackson.

IMG_3007.png

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
This guitar being teased now has come at the exact right time for me. I'm in the market for a new 6 string, I've been eyeing up the Brandon Ellis Kelly, getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger one. Plus I've had an Explorer thirst recently, and I've been into black guitars. All the pieces are fitting together. Just release the damn thing already!
Just praying its Korean or Japanese tbh.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
It’s grown on me a lot. I was planning on buying one anyway because Vogg is my guitar hero. Tune that thing to c# and riff away. Can’t wait

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Not that I'm a stalker, but the man himself posted this on Instagram, and there was a clearer view of the TOM equipped model.

Does this look like a longer scale length than 25.5"? Judging by the distance between pickups...

1712763310340.png

ManOnTheEdge

Reaction score
Keeping my powder dry on guitar purchases until this comes out. Haven’t heard much of Vogg’s music (have liked what I have heard) but Ibanez continually neglecting the Destroyer makes this either the next best thing or better

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm the same! I think if its a Korean build I'll probably order it sight unseen. Anywhere else I might wait until they're in some people's hands.
That said, with the American series and the Virtuosos, they've been working in the background to make them pretty much instantly available as soon as they're announced (relatively), which is nice.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Just on his Insta-Stories:

IMG_3835.jpeg

Nicole Papastavrou posted this and Vogg reposted (she incidentally has some sick Jackson Custom Shop pieces).
But with her tagging Mike Shannon in the pic perhaps Voggs guitar is Custom and the sig model is further away than we hoped…
I did spot the US spec brushed aluminium rear covers on another pic and wondered if it was a US guitar. Hmmm.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not that I'm a stalker, but the man himself posted this on Instagram, and there was a clearer view of the TOM equipped model.

Does this look like a longer scale length than 25.5"? Judging by the distance between pickups...

View attachment 141918
Interestingly that ToM/Stoptail setup was the same exact setup that Jackson did on Mick Thomson's last custom