Jacksonbacker bass

• Thread starter ShredmasterD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They must have worked something out with Rickenbacker because normally they're on top of handing out cease and desist's to people.

I don't think there's anything really actionable, stuff like the pickup cover and bridge have been available aftermarket for years, and I doubt the pickguard is protected.

Besides, I doubt they'd be game to go after FMIC.

This sits right in the space where it's pretty obvious for folks in the know to see the influence, but nothing is close enough of a copy to lead to anything.

That and no one who is shopping for a Ric is going to buy this in consolation.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything really actionable, stuff like the pickup cover and bridge have been available aftermarket for years, and I doubt the pickguard is protected.

Besides, I doubt they'd be game to go after FMIC.

This sits right in the space where it's pretty obvious for folks in the know to see the influence, but nothing is close enough of a copy to lead to anything.

That and no one who is shopping for a Ric is going to buy this in consolation.
i agree and don't have any loyalty or emotional investment with either brand and there is probably nothing legally actionable but is kind of a slap to RIC. The ric 4000 basses are iconic and immediately identifiable. posted this merely as a conversation piece.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bit late to the party but a local shop has one and if I had the money I'd pick it up . They're about 900$ CAD I believe for the 4string and it played and sounded great . Couldn't see any major flaws from the time I had it , build quality seemed good .

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Yeah nobody is going to mistake this for an actual Rickenbacker, which is the crux by which that sort of trademark infringement case usually rests (see Gibson vs PRS, specious as that may have been).

Latest posts