Javier Reyes Of Animals as Leaders, new custom RG 8 string

• Thread starter brutalwizard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
THIS has to be one of the most attractive guitars i've seen for a while, I can see what people are saying about the fretboard, it does seem like something that was included after the original build, but i think it compliments the guitar very well. Definitely a classy instrument, and at least we all know its gonna get played well :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chris9

Reaction score
that is awesome but with such a stunning finish not sure i would have put the pickguard on but still awesome!!!

DslDwg

Reaction score
If Ibanez put that in the catalog for a reasonable price I'd grab one in a minute. Gorgeous Guitar!

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
If Ibanez put that in the catalog for a reasonable price I'd grab one in a minute. Gorgeous Guitar!

Depends how far you would stretch the term "reasonable" for a guitar.

I could see a Prestige version (not Sugi :lol:) coming in at 3-4000$.

...Which I would totally pay for that, honestly.

Contra

Reaction score
It is a nice quilt, but I think the pickguard compliments it. I'm not so sure about the black hardware though.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet

It would be cooler of it was front routed with the pups and controls mounted to the pickguard :2c:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
It does look to me like the body proportions are slightly outa whack with what they'd normally be. Other than that it's pretty cool, and I personally prefer direct mounted pickups regardless of scratchplate or not :) I think I read somewhere that the neck on this guitar is in fact from an old RGA8 he had, though I could be completely wrong :)

Reaction score
Cause then everyone would bitch about the price.

I don't know about that... I'm sure that as long as it's not crack-smoking stupidly priced like the UV77MC reissue or the M8M is, there'd be people lining up for something like this. And yes, I agree that more guitar manufacturers need to get the hint that we want more colors and options other than black. But not going to get off topic here about that...

IMHO, between this one that Javier got and the white one that Tosin got, that's a pair made in heaven and must be amazing to see in person!!!:agreed:

Congrats Javier on a killer piece, and one that's a nice contrast to the one Tosin's got!!! :bowdown::wavey:

Ninjahat

Reaction score
Sweet as guitar, Javier is a nice dude and it sucks him and Tosin got robbed, glad he's gotten this sick 8. He definitely deserves it :)

DslDwg

Reaction score
Depends how far you would stretch the term "reasonable" for a guitar.

I could see a Prestige version (not Sugi :lol:) coming in at 3-4000$.

...Which I would totally pay for that, honestly.

Premium @ $1500-$2000

Prestige up to about $2500

Over that it might be in line with their current offerings but just a little too rich for me.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
Man, Javier sure is excited about his new custom guitar!

40212745536481783667912.jpg

:ugh: :lol:
That is what i look like on Christmas, after getting a awesome guitar but I go sit in my room playing for a while and never shut up to my friends about how awesome it is. My Mom thought I didn't like the guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.