Jean Baudin

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
ok... I'm officially completely obsessed with him now. I can listen to Vanishing and Frosty acres on his myspace (http://www.myspace.com/jeanbaudin) for hours on in, and it just makes you feel so relaxed when listening to it, but it's got to be hard as hell to play... anyway, I've been completely inspired to learn tap-bass now, with an extended range on the strings wise. I'm ok right now with 4 or 5 string playing, either pick, finger pick, but I've never tried something like what he plays, SO, I'm looking to get an 8 string bass. The one that I'm generally looking at right now, is that Galveston 8 on ebay. I know they've been brought up a few times in here... but it's really the only "affordable" 8 string bass I can find. If anyone can find any other 8 string basses for really cheap, that would be much appreciated. I'm not looking for the most precision based fretboard, or the greatest sounding pickups, just something to get me started on, that I can enjoy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
8-string bass, not a 4 string with paired octave strings, and yes, unfortunately the Galveston is the only affordable true 8 string bass out there. There have been some good comments on it in these forums, but I still can't get past that set neck. It looks cheap and does not give me the impression that it will last for long.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
four_hz_at_140_db said:
8-string bass, not a 4 string with paired octave strings, and yes, unfortunately the Galveston is the only affordable true 8 string bass out there. There have been some good comments on it in these forums, but I still can't get past that set neck. It looks cheap and does not give me the impression that it will last for long.
Yup, 8 separate strings. That's what I'm finding... and it's making me pretty pissed off, lol. Set necks always ring out a ton, and have a greater chance of neck damage. I'd rather have it as a bolt on or neck-through. If I get it, I could always do some hardcore mods to it.

I just inquired the manufacture about it, because I'm figuring I could get it for around $350 non-ebay. I used to dropship stuff from netdropshipper.com 2 years ago, and the markup you could get for some of the stuff was incredible. I'm figuring it's no different with them.