Jensen 10" speaker questions for post rock, Blackbird 100? Tornado 100?

• Thread starter Boy_Narf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Boy_Narf

Reaction score
I think the EL can hold it's own best in a 1x12. I have two 2x12 also and I don't remember what speakers are where. I think it's Swamp Thang and EL in one and Governor and CV-75 in the other. They're all cool with a distinctive sound. I'm pretty sure I recorded a comparison video but I don't think I ever posted it... Whoops.
Well if you still have the video I'll happily give you some views :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Boy_Narf

Reaction score
Dude amazing!!!

The cv-75 sounds pretty sick here. Think you convinced me to grab and el also CV haha. Thanks for the effort!

Boy_Narf

Reaction score
@DoctorStoner I listened a few more times and that cv-75 is really interesting to me. I love the clarity of it.

How do you feel it compares to the EL in person?

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
@DoctorStoner I listened a few more times and that cv-75 is really interesting to me. I love the clarity of it.

How do you feel it compares to the EL in person?

The EL was very aggressive and the CV was a lot smoother. Like "Get to the choppa!" vs "Your clothes, give them to me."
Slightly scooped vs mid-rangey. It's really similar to the Governor but with the mid bump a little higher in the frequency range.
I also thought the EL sounded better by itself, a little more complex and full, at least at high gain.

Boy_Narf

Reaction score
That might be the best description of a speaker I've ever heard... Appreciate it!

Think I'll snag an EL.