Josh Middleton's ESP custom shop

• Thread starter Pat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
As much as I love Pointies, this one just looks terrible. The Star with the V-headstock looks vastly superior.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It looks pretty cool, but I also prefer the Ironbird shape. I'm a Trey disciple.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
I don't think the offset is going to look that bad once it's being worn.

No doubt I'd do this too. As long as I'm paying, I can spec up a super strat... But I'd totally go wild if my big brand custom shop was willing to do whatever I wanted.
Yeah I dig the look while being played, which is to say that some of the weird proportions aren’t seen and the pointy cool bits are highlighted. It still looks kinda goofy on its own though, just not balanced to me. Watching him play it though makes me think that the shape works better for him sitting down with the angle he wants to play at, which to me is the point of a custom.

New track is pretty killer! The palm muted chords are chunky as hell. ESP is getting their return on marketing budget with it promoted in these videos. ;)

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hard to tell with the black-on-black and low lighting, but looks like some version of a Forest.

He posted on his story a few days ago of his ESP’s and there was 2 with this body shape , both gloss black . One was the ESP and the other I forgot . I think it was an E-II

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks like a 6-string guitar version of Tom Araya's old ESPs before he switched to the FRX.

H83571000001000-00-2000x2000.jpg

I don't even recall them using this shape on guitar. Just the TA sig and maybe a bass or two.

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like a 6-string guitar version of Tom Araya's old ESPs before he switched to the FRX.

H83571000001000-00-2000x2000.jpg

I don't even recall them using this shape on guitar. Just the TA sig and maybe a bass or two.

The bassist for CoB also has a signature with this shape for a while, but other than that I don't recall seeing it used either. It's a cool design, like a more mild Virgo.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
It's grown on me. I do think the upper horn looks a bit mismatched but my love for X shapes continues.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
LMAO the hate comments are genuinely funny :lol:

Personally I kinda dig it, probably wouldn't own that shape myself but I don't immediately hate it :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
LMAO the hate comments are genuinely funny :lol:

Personally I kinda dig it, probably wouldn't own that shape myself but I don't immediately hate it :lol:
As someone who generally isn't into pointies at all, it doesn't look any worse than all (yes, all) of the other models it's being compared to. 😅 Then again, I'm also perplexed by the people who say the sight of a strat (lowercase "s") with 24 frets makes them vomit.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It looks sick af in this video and probably even better in person, those first pictures just did the guitar dirty probably angles/lighting/whatever

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I normally hate Forests but that second one is jeez..
That being said, Josh's guitar journey has been... interesting. :lol:
Superstrats > Gibson shapes > Superstrats (again) > Pointy deadly guitars