JP70 Pickup Wiring and other obvious info

goobon

Reaction score
I bought a used set for my JS22-7 as a cheap upgrade and they sound absolutely killer. I searched around the net a fair bit, peeped images hard, and eventually figured out how these stock pickups were wired.

The bridge pickup, labelled R, the red wire is the hot lead, while the blue and the shielded wire are grounds and black and white are for coil splitting. On pickup F, the neck, the hot wire is the blue one, and the ground is the red and the shielded.

To anyone else that buys a set of these stock JP70 pups to throw in a cheapo guitar, here's some fair warning- be prepared to make some small modifications. You'll need to get larger screws or fill them in to mount the pups to the stock JS22 rings, which is kind of a given I guess because the JP70 does have these surface mounted. Overall though these are pretty awesome pups for the budget and I'd recommend that owners of cheaper 7s give them a try. They sound almost like DiMarzios, lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goobon

Reaction score
Withou proper reference (hint: links and images), I doubt about it...
There isn't much around about these pups in terms of information. I'm just going by what I figured out wiring them up myself and what little information I did find. I can throw together a diagram if that suits your needs, wiring up the JP70 stock pups to a simple 3-way switch, volume and tone config

goobon

Reaction score
You missed my point... never mind...
Do you really need “proper reference”? The whole point of this post is to just help out a few people that need information that isn’t really available elsewhere. Really niche target with this post