Just a heads up - this little Behringer Hum Destroyer works and works well

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had this unit for a while. I bought it because I was getting a horrible loud buzz when connecting the cables for amp channel switching from my HX Effects to my Triple Rec. It worked to completely eliminate the buzz. But, I've been playing through my Bugera TriRec much more these days as it's my favorite amp so the Hum Destroyer has just been sitting in my closet. The Bugera has midi so amp channel changing is even easier. Anyhow, I've been messing with capturing my amps with ToneX using a quality XLR to 1/4" TS cable, my interface is an RME BabyFace Pro FS, with good results however I noticed I was getting a low level hum that isn't present when just connecting my guitar. Did some testing last night and found the hum is only introduced when I connect the Bugera's line out into my interface (capturing amp head only scenario). Got the idea to try the Hum Destroyer. Actually created a worse hum connecting it between the interface and amp input. However, I then tried it on the path from the Bugera's line out to my interface and it completely removed the hum. :metal:

It's only like $29. Just wanted to recommend it if anyone is dealing with a similar hum scenario: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD400--behringer-microhd-hd400-2-channel-hum-destroyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I live in a place built in the early '50s, would this help with hum from the outdated wiring? lol

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Looks like Behringers version for the old Ebtech Hum Eliminators, and at a nice price.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Behringers version for the old Ebtech Hum Eliminators, and at a nice price.

Yep,and the price is certainly good. Still sucks to have to insert a box into the chain and use another cable, but better that it gets rid of the hum.