Just a Warmoth Tele...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
200.webp

Bones43x

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is the Tele I’ve always wanted. I had mocked this up as a Suhr build for a few years, but then I figured I’d just build it myself and save $2k.

It slays!
Did you out it together yourself, or had someone do it?

I actually put most of it together at the end of last year, but then I ran into a hiccup wiring it. I got it all wired up, but it had very low output. I started removing/bypassing components to no avail. I’ve completely re-wired or swapped pickups in at least 5 guitars without trouble. This one had me stumped.

I put it on the back burner and figured I’d get back to it, but after 4-5 months I ended up just taking it to someone to re-wire it. He ended up having the same problem. It turns out one of the terminals on the input jack was contacting the grounding paint inside the body. That made me feel better.

Last edited:

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Beautiful! That red is mesmerizing. And I love the reverse headstock:agreed:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Ho. Lee. Fuk.

That's insane, dude!! Which bridge route did you specify for the Hipshot to fit? That looks killer!!

Bones43x

Reaction score
Ho. Lee. Fuk.

That's insane, dude!! Which bridge route did you specify for the Hipshot to fit? That looks killer!!

Thanks. I actually had to mail the Hipshot in for them to verify the route. Hopefully, they’ll add the Hipshot route to their website as popular as it is.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually had to mail the Hipshot in for them to verify the route. Hopefully, they’ll add the Hipshot route to their website as popular as it is.

Yeah, I really wish they would. It's a nicer bridge than the Fender American Standard (which is what I usually have to use)