Just found something interesting in Rondo music.

• Thread starter darkinners
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not a real top but a thin veneer. :)

It's good to see the Blackouts didn't inflate the price like they did on the 7-string.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
It's not a real top but a thin veneer. :)

It's good to see the Blackouts didn't inflate the price like they did on the 7-string.

Thanks for the info man, I didn't know it's veneer, so do you know is that every figured top Agile are veneer too?
I always thought it's a real top!haha

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man, I didn't know it's veneer, so do you know is that every figured top Agile are veneer too?
I always thought it's a real top!haha

Some of the ALs (the 6-string LP copies) have real tops (as in the figure is full thickness), but too my knowledge all of the Interceptors, Septors, and Intrepids have veneer tops.

Meshugger

Reaction score
Pretty every Interceptor/Septor that has a top, is a veneer top. I couldn't tell the difference either :lol: IIRC, the difference is mainly that a veneer top doesn't affect the overall sound of the guitar, compared to a real top.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Pretty every Interceptor/Septor that has a top, is a veneer top. I couldn't tell the difference either :lol: IIRC, the difference is mainly that a veneer top doesn't affect the overall sound of the guitar, compared to a real top.

Thanks man and yeah I know the difference between Veneer and real top but just cannot tell which is which from the photos in Rondo lol

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
interceptorprob828ebtribalredquilt3.jpg
interceptorprob828ebtribalredquilt1.jpg

interceptorprob828ebtribalredquilt5.jpg

Double cutaway light mahogany arch top body
5 piece maple/walnut neck-thru body design with headstock matching body 28.625" scale
USA Made Kahler Tremolo
USA Made Seymour Duncan Blackout Pickups
Ebony fretboard with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 15" radius neck for fast play
Grover Die Cast Tuners
Volume and Tone controls and pickup selector switch
Width of the neck at the nut 2 ¼”
Satin Polyurethane Finish gauges: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .072
Evil7 thinks this guitar is fucking badass and sick as fuck for a great price.

heyimdallas

Reaction score
o_O I just paid for a Schecter ATX Blackjack C-8 because of my Blackout GAS, now you wave this in front of my face for only $100 more?
:wallbash:

Oh well, my GAS will subside and I'll love my ATX anyway haha.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
I have an interceptor similar to this one (the white one with EMG808s). They are pretty good guitars, but mine at least weighs quite a bit, compared to my intrepid with doesnt weigh much at all!