Just some heavy riffage

• Thread starter BTFStan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pinguinpanic

String magician
Reaction score
That intro is somewhere between Vildhjarta and In Death - Is Death. That crash has too much high end though. Maybe give your guitars a bit more presence/high end to make them a bit more agresive. This might also solve the problem with the crash a bit because it has some competition in it's frequency range. Kick could also use a bit more presence. Try doubling it with a more clicky kick with a high pass, that way you can really determine exactly the ammount of click you want, at exactly what frequency you like. Also try seperating the snare's mid frequencies a bit from the crash's frequencies. They are competing for the same mid which makes the snare's snap get lost a bit. Maybe make a cut in the cymbals mid frequencies to free up some snare space. Maybe it would be best to just turn that cymbal down a bit.

Cool riff. Really digging the Vildhjarta vibe. The cleans at the intro gave me more of a Meshuggah vibe. Which I dig too :D

EDIT: I meant china. Maybe it's fine for a china. All of the above is just stream of consciousness so don't take too much weight to it.

Latest posts