Justin Chancellor rig rundown

• Thread starter brector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The fact that he's still rocking the RB heads after almost two decades is pretty cool. I'd have figured he'd have gone full mesa by now.
He did used to have an all-mesa rig back in the day, but he moved onto GK around the time of 10000 days and used them ever since I think? Mesa cabs are legit though so I guess that's why he keeps them.

But considering how many new amps GK has released over the years and he STILL uses the 2001RBs event though they're long discontinued... I think he just really likes them lol. Which I find interesting because I always felt the 2001RB's distortion circuit was ass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I was looking for Disappear Here, seems to have.... Disappeared Everywhere. I still have it on my old hard drive I think. This is a banger too tho. Vintage Chancellor.

My high school geography teacher fronted this band. They reformed as Suns of the Tundra & are still putting out records. Worth checking out if you like Peach.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He did used to have an all-mesa rig back in the day, but he moved onto GK around the time of 10000 days and used them ever since I think? Mesa cabs are legit though so I guess that's why he keeps them.

But considering how many new amps GK has released over the years and he STILL uses the 2001RBs event though they're long discontinued... I think he just really likes them lol. Which I find interesting because I always felt the 2001RB's distortion circuit was ass.

Those 2001RBs are something special.

Almost all the GK guys from back in the day use them, maybe not on tour, at least that you can see, but they don't let go of them.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll have to watch, I'd be interested in what his rig is nowadays. I also agree that like 20 years ago me would have shit my pants lol

I was looking for Disappear Here, seems to have.... Disappeared Everywhere. I still have it on my old hard drive I think. This is a banger too tho. Vintage Chancellor.

I have that CD somewhere in the collection, I saw it not too long ago!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
My high school geography teacher fronted this band. They reformed as Suns of the Tundra & are still putting out records. Worth checking out if you like Peach.
That's way cool! I remember hearing about them, the only version of Disappear Here I could find seems to be under their name, couldn't tell if it was re-recorded or not. I'll definitely have to check them out.

I have that CD somewhere in the collection, I saw it not too long ago!
I just ordered it because of this thread lol. Been meaning to get ahold of it for years, saw one new copy 50% off on the 'zon and figured I'd better bit before I regretted it forever.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He's the opposite of Tosin.
Or the Periphery guys, Petrucci, Devin Townsend to varying degrees.... I love all of them and honestly good for them if they can get all kinds of different gear. I probably would if I was in their positions as well.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Or the Periphery guys, Petrucci, Devin Townsend to varying degrees.... I love all of them and honestly good for them if they can get all kinds of different gear. I probably would if I was in their positions as well.
Yeah as much as I'd like to think I'd get some good gear, find "my" sound and focus all my energy on practice and writing, my pedal buying habits already say otherwise. :lol:

Latest posts