Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Just received my 3rd Kiesel Aries 7. Soon as i can i'll get pictures up and NGD for all off them. Two of the three are perfect no problems at all. The newest one has weird pinging noise from bridge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
The newest one has weird pinging noise from bridge.

Dude I've got the same. Figured out that it comes from where the lowest string comes through the body. When I put something through the string hole to dampen it, it disappeared. Doesn't bother me much while playing live, but when recording I'll just use that trick. I guess if the brigde placement in relation to the string holes in the body varies even a bit in the production, it might happen.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Dude I've got the same. Figured out that it comes from where the lowest string comes through the body. When I put something through the string hole to dampen it, it disappeared. Doesn't bother me much while playing live, but when recording I'll just use that trick. I guess if the brigde placement in relation to the string holes in the body varies even a bit in the production, it might happen.

Thanks for the tip man. I will definitely try it out.

DarkCide

Reaction score
Aries definitely my next build. It takes the super strat look to a new level.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Some no-bevel Aries are out there now. Not as great looking as I'd hoped, IMHO. Upper horn or something somehow looks strange. As it seems with all Kiesel/Carvins, it almost looks good but not quite...

laxu

Reaction score
Some no-bevel Aries are out there now. Not as great looking as I'd hoped, IMHO. Upper horn or something somehow looks strange. As it seems with all Kiesel/Carvins, it almost looks good but not quite...

The non-bevel Aries is just a bolt-on DC/DCM really. Kiesel's model names have just gone off the rails.

After about 6 months of owning a regular Aries multiscale I really appreciate its contours. Very comfortable guitar all around. It's just a model that basically looks better from any other angle except straight from the front as then you can't see the three-dimensional shape of it.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
^ yeah, I think the beveled Aries in solid colors look pretty cool. It's a bit too modern looking for me, but it's a really cool look for that type of style.