Kiesel --- Never Again!

• Thread starter MetalHead40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeathbyDesign

*Palm Muting Intensifies*
Reaction score
I ordered a Vader 7 with luminlays back when they started offering them (2015 I think). I like the guitar and it is currently played the most in my collection. I have thought about ordering another guitar from Kiesel off and on over the last 2 years or so but am always reminded why I shouldn't. Customer service sounds like a nightmare depending on who you talk to that day and blasting people on FB/IG live is a childish way to try and fire up your fanatics against someone.

I too work at home and can now be considered a MAN by the Kiesel Standards of Manliness for 2020. I will make sure to let my fiancee know that it took a while but I can boast about this title now and will be expecting a plaque from Kiesel in the mail. :banana:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
astra just isn't a big seller for balaguer from what I've seen.

black water effectively doesn't exist anymore. aaron doesn't seem to care about building anymore.
warmoth isn't really custom, same with agile.

there are plenty of smaller full/semicustom shops out there (padalka, oni, carillion daemoness, waghorn, knightro, TK instruments, tw smith, jillard, agape, reichardt, goliath, kxk, etc)

jillard doesn't get enough love. his shapes and aesthetic are awesome. too bad he only seems to build when he feels like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
jillard doesn't get enough love. his shapes and aesthetic are awesome. too bad he only seems to build when he feels like it.
I love most of his work, especially the empress shape (still kills me I didn't buy that elephant inlay one). I think a headless with some design aspects of the empress would be fucking killer

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Many years ago, like maybe over a decade ago, there was someone named Rob_l that was buying carvin guitars every other day, it seemed. I think Carvin did end up sending him a guitar or two for free. Not sure what happened to him, or that relationship after

That was Rob Lane. Nice guy and had an awesome collection of Carvins. I think he was ill at some point? seemed to just disappear off this board though.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I watched the KDH video as Id not seen the Kiesel instagram feed, and Jeff Kiesel reminds me of a high school school bully (who had to be kept back a year despite his vast amounts of common sense). He only needs to sell 4000 guitars a year to fill his order book and to some guys, being part of the JeffBroSquad coupled with Kiesel's flashy options is enough to make things work. I bet for every potential sale Jeff loses the company with his JeffBroDude attitude he makes another 2 from guys who want to be just like him. Y'know, real men, who flex, but don't whine.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Doesn't seem that the Kiesel intolerance on SSO has hurt Jeff at all. As long as social-media abounds with nut-swingers, he'll likely continue to prosper. It's a shame but the douche-bag guitar community continues to thrive... and Jeff is the perfect guy to represent. My Ultra V7 was a nice guitar but selling it felt almost liberating.

thats how i felt when i ditched my E-II SV. I absolutely hate ESP (not the guitars, but the way the company works) and owning one always felt dirty. When i sold it, I felt so much better that i didnt have it anymore.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thats how i felt when i ditched my E-II SV. I absolutely hate ESP (not the guitars, but the way the company works) and owning one always felt dirty. When i sold it, I felt so much better that i didnt have it anymore.
What did ESP do? Sorry, I haven't heard about this.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
What did ESP do? Sorry, I haven't heard about this.

I know this is a bit off topic but ill jsut give you the quick easy answer, then we can go back to bashing Jeff:

Here in Japan, it's basically ESP, Fender or Gibson. No other maker really has any decent foothold here, because ESP runs MI Japan and they funnel all of their students right into using their guitars. Big Boss stores carry very little of any other maker outside of their own brands, and when MI schools are next to Big Boss stores, they basically brainwash people into using their stuff. Then I met the former drummer of Amon Amarth (frederik) some time ago, and he said ESP basically sent the bass player like 5 free basses, to try to sway him to become an ESP artist. IIRC the bassist turned down ESP, but he got like 5 free basses, because ESP was basically trying to bribe him to join them. That sort of business practice REALLY bothers the hell out of me, which is why I absolutely despise ESP.

xzacx

Reaction score
Then I met the former drummer of Amon Amarth (frederik) some time ago, and he said ESP basically sent the bass player like 5 free basses, to try to sway him to become an ESP artist. IIRC the bassist turned down ESP, but he got like 5 free basses, because ESP was basically trying to bribe him to join them. That sort of business practice REALLY bothers the hell out of me, which is why I absolutely despise ESP.

This has to be a joke, right? He got five free basses because ESP wanted to sign him as an artist, he turned them down, and therefore ESP is engaging in some kind of shady business practice? I'm really not following this logic.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This has to be a joke, right? He got five free basses because ESP wanted to sign him as an artist, he turned them down, and therefore ESP is engaging in some kind of shady business practice? I'm really not following this logic.

If anything, if ESP let him keep the basses, then that's actually fucking cool of them. :lol:

And yeah, that's common as shit. Of course some companies will send you free shit to convince you to join. It's not just ESP.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I get the feeling this is sort of the breaking point for Kiesel, and that from here on in it's all going to be downhill for them.

People have been saying this ever since Jeff took over and the horror stories began, and their popularity has nothing but skyrocketed. Anyone these days that knows more than one thing about guitars probably knows about Kiesel. Sad, because I hate Jeff, and I am so happy I own an instrument that says "Carvin" instead of "Kiesel".

Also, is it just me or is Jeff Kiesel kinda like the Joe Exotic of guitars...? :erk: