Kiesel quality control

• Thread starter Sam I am
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
What the heck is the connection with shitty guitarists who also collect shitty dirt bikes and then attempt to use the dirt bikes to justify their ownership of a guitar?

"I need a nice guitar because I have not just one, but MULTIPLE dirt bikes! YEEHAW!"

I don't understand the connection.

This is some degeneratively-screaming-for-onion-rings-in-a-Burger-King-drive-thru-from-the-window-of-a-rusted-out-pickup-truck-after-muddin'-with-the-boys-and-guzzlin'-some-Budweisers-at-the-trailer-park type of shit with the OP and his responses in this thread.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Who gives a shit?
Clearly OP did, because it came to him in a state he wasn't prepared for, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist.

I'm NOT saying don't buy nice things if you want. I don't care if he spent a million dollars on a photo of a nice guitar, he can do as he pleases. The advice that it's a safer route not to jump into semi/customs right away still stands. That's it. If he's happy with how it worked out, then all the power to him. He did come to the forum asking for advice though. It's not a criticism or some arbitrary bar someone has to meet to be "good enough" to have nice things - it's just general advice. There's no need to get defensive about it.

Maybe think of it this way instead: If he'd gone into a store, picked out the most expensive instrument, was able to inspect it to his liking in person, and went home with it and was happy - we'd have no thread, OP would still be happy with the result, etc. Zero problems. The advice isn't meant to avoid anyone having things they want, it's to avoid the situation of "I ordered a thing online without the experience to know what to expect - and it arrived in a state I wasn't prepared for - now I don't know what to do and have to reach out to strangers on the internet to straiten it out".

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
The advice that it's a safer route not to jump into semi/customs right away still stands. That's it.
Nailed it.

If you're brand new to playing an instrument, then you don't need to be shelling out for a custom or semi-custom build because you:
1.) aren't prepared for what can (and probably will) go wrong in the process (Murphy's law)
2.) don't know what you want as far as specs (takes years to figure this out even for a first build commission)
3.) more than likely don't understand the process of custom or semi-custom building

This isn't a "it's the guy's money, let him do what he wants" type of situation. This is merely advice to a beginner; and the OP is absolutely admittedly a beginner in his own words.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nailed it.

If you're brand new to playing an instrument, then you don't need to be shelling out for a custom or semi-custom build because you:
1.) aren't prepared for what can (and probably will) go wrong in the process (Murphy's law)
2.) don't know what you want as far as specs (takes years to figure this out even for a first build commission)
3.) more than likely don't understand the process of custom or semi-custom building

This isn't a "it's the guy's money, let him do what he wants" type of situation. This is merely advice to a beginner; and the OP is absolutely admittedly a beginner in his own words.
I respect that I do ....but ol kat is now 6 guitars and 14,000 into now lol 😂 wife says I better be playing like " Willie Nelson " by years end !

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I respect that I do ....but ol kat is now 6 guitars and 14,000 into now lol 😂 wife says I better be playing like " Willie Nelson " by years end !
And that's not including amps cord pics chairs and wine

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'll reiterate - just to give it it's own post:

If OP is now happy with what he's got, all the power to him. It's a learning experience for next time, or for anyone observing. All is well.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll reiterate - just to give it it's own post:

If OP is now happy with what he's got, all the power to him. It's a learning experience for next time, or for anyone observing. All is well.
I never knew there was so much to learn on this type of stringed instrument,,,here after watching that blammed up kid on the movie " deliverance " out playing Hendrix,Clapton,and page with a banjo ...

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
> states dollar amount publicly on forum as if gloating (what is it with boomers doing this all the time?)
> $14,000 really ain't that much when split amongst six instruments
> "Willie Nelson"

This right here just further solidifies my comments above. (#121 and #123.) This is everything that is wrong with this thread.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hila
> states dollar amount publicly on forum as if gloating
> $14,000 really ain't that much when split amongst six instruments
> "Willie Nelson"

This right here just further solidifies my comments above. (#121 and #123.) This is everything that is wrong with this thread.
Exactly my point , others saying on here not to buy the good stuff,,,as I stated earlier I have dirt bikes that cost more ,,,they will end up in a scrap yard but the guitars well

Status
Not open for further replies.