Kill Orion's first release ever!!!

• Thread starter Dan Halen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Hey everybody!!

My friend and his band Kill Orion have just release their new EP. I figured this would be a great place for him to get a little exposure.

They're a Prog Metal band from the Pittsburgh area. Let me know what you guys think. All critiques are welcome.

https://killorion.bandcamp.com/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Perkinstien

Reaction score
really loved it. Totally awesome. I wouldn't call it prog at all to me this is just strait up modern metal. You can hear the melodic and strait up death metal as well as some classic metal influences. They have that djenty kinda thing in the song monolith which completely ruined the song for me. IMHO they should abandon the djenty stuff cuz everything else about this band is absolutely awesome.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I'll let him know! he's been having a bit of trouble getting on the website so hopefully you can give him some more detailed feedback soon.

bri_pocalypse

Reaction score
woo! finally up and running!!!!!
thanks for the kind words. For a first go around, it didn't turn out too bad. EP - II will surely be heavier, less djenty (I honestly can't wait)
Im partial to that riff myself (our current drummer who was a guitar player early on wrote that one) :[]
We recorded it ourselves too, so anything you guys want to go in that regard, shoot it over. Definitely not that super super polished sound like a lot of modern-core-ish prog but it was a learning experience no doubt.