King of downpickin?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
Can anybody here play metallica master of puppets just the opening 30 sec riff for 1 hr at 250bpm all downpickin?

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to play the same riff for an hour straight?

For me Papa Het will forever be the king of downpicking but there are a lot of great downpickers out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yep, I can do it for you if you like. Or, I can just walk you through it. Back in the day you'd do this with a cassette tape, but these days, just take the song and load it into something like Garage Band or Reaper or whatever. Then cut off and delete everything after that first 30 seconds. Loop it, and set the BPM to 250, and click "play."

Not sure why you'd want to play that opening riff for an hour, cuz it seems like it would get boring to listen to after about 5 min, but that's how you could do it.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Easy enough. Here's a quick tutorial on how to do so:

1. Take a break with the family trip previously planned out. Just do it.
2. Learn how to pick and play guitar like Emanuel Aguilar. Hugs.

j3ps3

Reaction score

I've yet to see a guy who can downpick like Sampe. Hetfield could benefit from taking some lessons from him. :D

Last edited:

jco5055

Reaction score
to be slightly serious, am I crazy for swearing I remember Jeff Waters circa 2005-2007 or so posting mp3 files of him downpicking to prove he was the master? I remember hearing clips that sounded like typical 16th note playing at a fast tempo but it was all downstrokes.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen it played with all downstrokes, and I've seen enough videos of it played with all upstrokes to bore me. I've seen it played by puppets, I've seen it played by muppets. I've seen it played fingerstyle, I've seen it played with spoons... I've seen Battery played with batteries. I've seen Sanitarium played in a sanitarium. What I really would like to see is someone play a totally different riff with good songwriting skills in it. I haven't seen that for a minute.