KM-7 III Standard vs MM HT7P vs RG Iron Label

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sogradde

Reaction score
very insightful contribution, doesn't help your argument unfortunately
I don't know what your point is man. I just said the quality is there, you said no. I asked whether you played either of the models and you're being passive aggressive. Go ahead and be edgy, I don't care? :shrug:

JimBob_99

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's inputs. Was able to snag a Banshee-7 Passive in Crimson off reverb for $480 + shipping. Pretty stoked about the deal. After looking at the higher ends, I decided it's better to buy something more in line with my ability, and with the 19.0mm neck, I'm sure it will be comfortable enough.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's inputs. Was able to snag a Banshee-7 Passive in Crimson off reverb for $480 + shipping. Pretty stoked about the deal. After looking at the higher ends, I decided it's better to buy something more in line with my ability, and with the 19.0mm neck, I'm sure it will be comfortable enough.

That's not the model with stainless steel frets but spec-wise it is still a great guitar with that neck thickness and the fact that it doesn't come with Schecter's low-end stock pickups but comes with Seymour Duncan pickups instead

Thomas Mims

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol
very insightful contribution, doesn't help your argument unfortunately
this entire forum is really big on the KM7. Pretty sure this forum alone is why made Keith Merrows guitar the number one selling Schecter guitar for 2016 and 2017. They are great guitars, Ibanez is great too but not everyone likes a wizard neck. Also I’d recommend trying something out before bashing it, you just look foolish. Signature models aren’t for everyone and no you don’t pay extra for the name that’s something from the old Gibson days. Guitar has come a long way. And although my Ibanez is pretty cool I can’t stand the fanboys.
“bUy a uSeD pReStiGe” lmao

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys are mixing up your KM models. Nowadays there's a Standard and an Artist import line. The MKIII Standards DO have worse specs than the MKIII Artist. It works like this:

Standard: Made in Indonesia/Bolt-on/OEM passive pickups/OEM bridge/OEM Non-locking tuners/Nickel frets/Maple neck
Artist: Made in Korea/Neck-Through/Fishman pickups/Hipshot Locking Tuners/Hipshot Bridge/SS frets/Wenge+Maple+Purpleheart neck

So the Standard will be comparable to the Demon line while the Artist is at the higher end of the import models. The MKI and MKII are spec'd closer to the MKIII artist.

My "thrifty" suggestion would be to get a KM7 MKII as it has nearly identical specs to the MKIII Artist (specially the Fishman-equipped one) and they go for quite cheap used, at least relative to what new guitars cost nowadays. Two years ago I bought a MKII for 800 CAD, then sold it for 850 CAD a year later. And last month I bought another MKII for 900 CAD. Even if you go for the version with Fishman pickups it will still be within your budget...

...although I went specifically for the MKII because it's the only one with a forearm bevel :D

Thomas Mims

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys are mixing up your KM models. Nowadays there's a Standard and an Artist import line. The MKIII Standards DO have worse specs than the MKIII Artist. It works like this:

Standard: Made in Indonesia/Bolt-on/OEM passive pickups/OEM bridge/OEM Non-locking tuners/Nickel frets/Maple neck
Artist: Made in Korea/Neck-Through/Fishman pickups/Hipshot Locking Tuners/Hipshot Bridge/SS frets/Wenge+Maple+Purpleheart neck

So the Standard will be comparable to the Demon line while the Artist is at the higher end of the import models. The MKI and MKII are spec'd closer to the MKIII artist.

My "thrifty" suggestion would be to get a KM7 MKII as it has nearly identical specs to the MKIII Artist (specially the Fishman-equipped one) and they go for quite cheap used, at least relative to what new guitars cost nowadays. Two years ago I bought a MKII for 800 CAD, then sold it for 850 CAD a year later. And last month I bought another MKII for 900 CAD. Even if you go for the version with Fishman pickups it will still be within your budget...

...although I went specifically for the MKII because it's the only one with a forearm bevel :D
I gotta say though man the Standards are not bad at all for being the budget model. The swamp ash is a great cut and I find that they make a great mod platform because the pickups are passive, (I asked Keith on twitch if he really voiced em and he confirmed they sound great) I think they are great if you pick em up used which I did for 600 bucks here’s mine: https://postimg.cc/Mcf5vGMy

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I gotta say though man the Standards are not bad at all for being the budget model. The swamp ash is a great cut and I find that they make a great mod platform because the pickups are passive, (I asked Keith on twitch if he really voiced em and he confirmed they sound great) I think they are great if you pick em up used which I did for 600 bucks here’s mine: https://postimg.cc/Mcf5vGMy

Schecter makes great instruments no matter their price point, was just pointing out they do use cheaper parts/labor for the Standard line as LeviathanKiller hinted.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Don't forget about the Hybrid model that sits inbetween the standard and artist line as well. The snowblind one is actually my favorite from the KM line currently and have debated on getting one.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't forget about the Hybrid model that sits inbetween the standard and artist line as well. The snowblind one is actually my favorite from the KM line currently and have debated on getting one.
Didn't know about the Hybrid actually, looks pretty sweet.

KM-7%20DS%20SNOWBLIND%20TILT%20copy.png

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Didn't know about the Hybrid actually, looks pretty sweet.

KM-7%20DS%20SNOWBLIND%20TILT%20copy.png
It's pretty cool. I've always liked white guitars with maple boards so that drew me to them. Only 1 voicing on the fishman's for this one that's been tweaked since it's a mahogany body vs ash. But over all pretty killer sounding. I just need to get my hands on one and try it out.

Thomas Mims

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I just sold my Ibanez and I’m definitely getting my second Km7. It’s just now a matter of getting another standard with the roasted maple neck or the mark II or hybrid. I saw a solar 2.7 but Idk I really want to try stainless steel frets