Korg Pitchblack Pro Rack

• Thread starter Hemorrhage
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

I wonder if it does a light show while it's bypassed like the old DTR rack tuners did (bouncing "cylon" light).

I find it a little funny, though, that they make a big deal about how visible it is, but they put in blue LEDs for the metering. Blue is the most difficult colour of light for our eyes to focus on because of its short wavelength. And people with blue/green colour blindness will have a hard time with this. I would have rather they stuck with red and green.

Hemorrhage

Reaction score
I, too, love the look of it but I'm concerned about whats inside and how does it compete with DTR1000 for example. The DTR still costs more used that this one new (DTR ~120€ and Pitchblack 98€). Is this just because good rack tuners were quite rare or is there something quality wise that could explain the price difference. If I have understood correctly the pedal model Pitchblack is a good tuner. I personally dont want to get rid of the DTR (they are getting a bit rare around here) if the Pitchblack does not perform as well.

Rich5150

Reaction score
I have a DTR2000 that i will not get rid of EVER, But im diggin the looks of this one and its cheap enough might pick one up and check it out

JordanStGodard

Reaction score
This could be a really interesting piece of gear! Can this be controlled by foot?

iron blast

Northern Winds
Reaction score
I have a dtr 1000 I wonder if I should get this or if it would be a down gradfe as I paid way more for mine used then this will cost new

JordanStGodard

Reaction score
Any new information about this? I'm still considering dropping some money on it.

pathos45

Reaction score
I ordered on here in ontario. Still hasnt hit the warehouse but they said a month prob. Either way im stoked as hell, buy one for the rack and one for the studio rack.

exarchangel

Guitarist
Reaction score
It's not out for sale yet is it? I've been waiting on it since august, they said it'd release in the fall of this year, but nobody seems to be carrying them quite yet......I've been saving the last slot in my live rig rack for this for some time now....

anyone got an ETA?

JordanStGodard

Reaction score
A little more information:

Comparing to the KORG DTR-2000, the KORG Pitchblack Pro excels:

• with an increased adjustable calibration range (DTR-2000: 438-445 Hz; Pitchblack Pro: 436-445 Hz).
  • with a noticeable decrease in weight and overall smaller, more compact design (DTR-2000: 3.09lbs; Pitchblack Pro: 0.75 lbs).
  • with a new Cable Checker input (DTR-2000 does not have this).
  • with the use of an external mute footswitch (not included). (I believe the DTR-2000 did not have this feature).

However, (I'm not really sure if this affects drop-tuned seven-string or ERG guitars), the Pitchblack Pro's tuning range is from E0-C8 whereas the DTR-2000's tuning range is from C0-C8.

pathos45

Reaction score
It's not out for sale yet is it? I've been waiting on it since august, they said it'd release in the fall of this year, but nobody seems to be carrying them quite yet......I've been saving the last slot in my live rig rack for this for some time now....

anyone got an ETA?

I was told i should be getting mine in this week!

Latest posts