Korn's (head's) guitar tone from 2002 live at Hammerstein dvd

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
I have a k7 with a mesa dual rectifier and it does that sound pretty damn nicely.

Unfortunately, we don't know what mic is in those iso cabs or how they are positioned, and thats going to matter a lot. Thats 50% of the equation here.

Thee2131

Reaction score
Sooo.... And again, no experience w/ iso's here... Would korn have the iso's on stage w/ them for the recording of this DVD, or are they used to actually be heard by the crowd? I could see how iso's are used for recording, but if your speakers are enclosed in the box how would they be used to be heard by the crowd?

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Like I said, the cabs are miked in the iso boxes and fed to the FOH mix. The guitarist will have monitors or cabs on stage for their sound; the PA will be playing the iso cab sound to the audience.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the ISO cab/cases below is a link I stumbled upon a few months ago from a guy working for the sound crew for a KoRn show. Doesn't have the most detailed photos/info available but still, some of the most informative I've ever found on them.
Korn -- South Street Seaport Live Concert - Gearslutz.com

These big ISO cab/cases have been used by Metallica for many, many years and I've even seen Jim Root with one as well in a recent Stone Sour rig rundown.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
40097d1188163209-korn-south-street-seaport-live-concert-korngtrisoinside.jpg

That mic combination will defiantly lead to some serious girth and play a HUGE part in the sound you are hearing

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score

deadredse7en

Reaction score
I know I'm real late on this but Heads tone/sound obv is his guitar and amp but to be specific his tone was lead by the Boss CE-5

volume on pedal max, rate&depth @ 2:00, dual filter (last dual knob) both @ 12:00.

for untouchables sounds he left the CE-5 on for hammerstein but you also need the digitech whammy set to harmony octave down and for his reverb was the Boss RV-5 most likely set to the reverb that can handle chorus/detune-pitch shifters

hope this helps.

deadredse7en

Reaction score
example..a little old but hopefully points ppl im the right direction.

and the phaser they uswed on blind is called the smallstone

munky also uses this on freak on a leash to get the bubble/wobble sound in his verse (last note for every turn around)