Kruse Kontrol Modded Mesa Dual Rectifier

• Thread starter BIGRIGG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Hi there,
I had Jens Kruse in CA, USA mod my Mesa Dual Rect. 3 channel. He did a great job. Communication and service was very professional. About 10 day turnaround. Best way to explain the results...sounds like a blanket was taken off the cab. Much more clarity. Slightly more gain in channels 2 & 3. Removed the classic bass flub in the amp. Much less fizz or harshness in the higher presence and treble settings. The clean channel sounds more "chimey" and the pushed setting has much more gain and can be very rock'n. You can hear in the sound clips the distinct difference. I wish I had recorded a different "clean" comparison, but it's the same DI reamp for all channels.
ALL amp settings and recording set up was identical. Knobs at noon and gain at 1 o'clock. All reamped from 1 DI. No variations. These are not the "ideal" settings, but maintained the same for comparisons. There are sound clips for all 3 channels of the original and Modded Kruse version.
https://soundcloud.com/user970410307
Let me know if you have any questions. I hope this helps anyone thinking of mods from Jens at Kruse Kontrol. I highly recommend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Yeah man definite improvement all around. A few small components can really improve these things drastically. Do you know what he changed specifically?

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
Jens does great work. He did a great job adding concentric pots and a clean option on the blue channel on my 5153 LBX. I wish I had also done the supersonic mod while he had it. I might send it back for that.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of his mojo voodoo Kruse magic.....He modded all 3 channels. I would imagine he wants to keep that his own secret.

MetalHead40

Reaction score
I've talked to Jens a few times; seems like a decent enough guy. His prices seem reasonable and turn around isn't bad. COngrats on the mod and a kiler amp!
I wouldn't want to mod my MW dual recto. Love it just the way it is. I get zero fizz with treble @ 0, and the low end tightens immensely with a number of OD pedals. Great great amps.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Here is a youtube video link from Jens at Kruse Kontrol. He has one for each channel.

LeftOurEyes

Reaction score
I was thinking of having him mod an amp for me here in the next few months. Good to hear that you are happy with it. I'll have to contact him soon to see about the details.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Kruse fan here checking in. I have a Kruse DMoll. Great tones, can dial back to stock. He tweaked my clean ch1 and it is the best clean I have ever played: crystal clean, low grit, mid 70s crunch. It is wonderful. The other mods definitely have blanket lift positive effect when dialed in sparingly.