KxK 7DC Semihollow Build (setup pics added)

Churchie777

Reaction score
Really hoping you go with the dragon breath stain id love to see how Rob goes with the trickier than normal stains before i pull the trigger on the one i have in mind

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to trying them out. My suspicion at this point is that the neck will probably stay and the bridge will get swapped for something else. We'll see when it gets here :)

If it were my guitar I would get a Kent Armstrong 14 pole for the bridge if the Benedetto didn't seem to work out. Either way, fantastic instrument

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of Tungsten, just so you know that word is borrowed from swedish and means "Heavy Rock". :metal:

Looks amazing!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have pics or a layout of the acoustic chamber? :bowdown:

Not that I can share, but basically the entire left side and the bottom are hollow, the inside of the top is carved, and the right side is hollow with the electronics cavity separate from the rest of the chambering.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, Sandstorm Dragon's Breath sounds awesome!

Whatever you decide for a color, it will be a total win. Both are solid choices. I'm all for the sandstorm DB though!

We're definitely giving the Sandstorm Dragon's Breath a shot... the question will be how it comes out on that top. I think Rob is wrapping up the prototype for this and should be starting staining this one sometime next week.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple wet shots after some subtle grain enhancement

image-22_zpsdac79529.jpeg
image-23_zpsb14316ca.jpeg

Churchie777

Reaction score
Do you have visuals of the revised F hole you did with rob?, ive finally picked my stain also but keen too see how he goes with this tricky sorta stain

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have visuals of the revised F hole you did with rob?, ive finally picked my stain also but keen too see how he goes with this tricky sorta stain

Not sure what you mean by visuals? It's the f-hole that's on my guitar. The changes were basically in the size and angle of the f-hole on the body of the guitar. The original was larger and at a different angle. Minor adjustments, but IMHO I like the revised better :lol:

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Minor adjustments, but IMHO I like the revised better :lol:

Agreed. The older one was a bit too overpowering to my eye. This one is just classy. Amazing how such a minor change can make a quite large impact to how I perceive the overall balance of the whole guitar. :yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rob was ready to sand it back and make some changes, but I told him to leave it the way it is as I like how it came out :yesway: He also said it's looking much redder in the pics that it is in person. Can't wait to see what it looks like in person :D

image-32_zps051c1e8f.jpeg

image-30_zpsb0cf5b65.jpeg

image-31_zps2f3c575f.jpeg