KxK 8 string runs spec thread

• Thread starter elq
  • Start date
  • Tags
    kxk
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ll go so far as to say ALL woods - or just paint - are cool. It’s the shitty cuts of it and the garish finishes that are too much. Just like a quality airbrush a la Daemoness vs the side-of-the-van ‘80s girl airbrushing. I still like me a nice spalt, in fact.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw the "BC Rich Exotic Series Warlock Spalted Maple" (or whatever the correct name it was)... I wanted to buy it, beautiful... then I saw millions of guitars with the same spalted maple and thought it wasn't exotic anymore.

I also bought an Ibanez AS103 Burled Maple top guitar, it wasn't the natural one but a bit brownish, can't remember the name of the finish. It was beautiful, then all I saw burl finishes everywhere and happened the same...

But a nice hot pink finish is always right, even a gloss black guitar is always right.

You know what I mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I got an email from him in January saying he was working on my 8 string. I pinged him again a week or two ago but haven’t heard anything back.

R34CH

Counter Culture Bullet Vulture
Reaction score

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
We've been taking old stock or builds guys walked away from. As far as we know he's working on the back log and I am encouraging him to finish up any back orders ASAP. Shoot me a DM or email pyramidguitarsco@gmail.com if you'd like to talk to me about talking over your build or inquiring about the status of yours.

We sell direct R34CH, so shoot us an email and we can talk about the V if you're interested.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Shoot me a DM or email pyramidguitarsco@gmail.com if you'd like to talk to me about talking over your build or inquiring about the status of yours.

I took Pyramid Guitars up on this offer and sure enough, he was able to reconnect me to Rob. Not sure what magic fairy dust he has, but mphsc got the communication flowing again.

I don't want to jinx anything, but it looks like my build is back on track.

Stay tuned!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to see you these have materialized! I'll echo what others have said that I feared the worst. Is Rob just clearing out his queue and closing shop or is he gonna start small production again? I remember seeing a lot of KxK mention when I joined SSO around 2011 but lately I haven't heard anything.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Just got an update from Rob. It's alive!!

DM7scale_d.jpg

Latest posts