Labella Crazy 8s?

• Thread starter RockerAlex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
How ISN'T that logical tension? Did you do the math? Its like 14-15.6lbs of tension progressing from high to low on a 27" scale in standard.

Makes perfect sense...

Its a balanced set... la bella had Mtech on this very forum ask us what we wanted out of string sets for ERG's and then made them accordingly... So these make a ton of sense as they were made by ss.org polls.

Exactly.... Not to mention they're sold all over the world, and he's trying to say otherwise. Smells like Troll. :squint:

I had mentioned several times on here I wanted to have a slightly larger set as well so it was more like Justin of ATB's sets but the current one has been doing very well and Kurt finds those gauges to work great for standard 8 tuning.... the 74 is plenty for F....if you're going down to E though you more than likely will end up with an 80 or close to it (using 27"). However, lets not forget that's why you can design your own set and just order in bulk that way. Right now you have to do it through a dealer but the webstore directly off labella.com should be up very soon. I've also insisted on some cool custom options to be available for people doing this as long as they hit a min order amount but that's only going to be like 6 sets. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ I can do E with a 74 and I've even done Eb, but I would agree that for THAT particular string in those tunings it's probably better to go slightly higher than 74.

Oceans

Banned
Reaction score
I've only tried this pair for my 7 string, I did actually put the lowest string on it, didn't work to well for me probably because it wasn't an 8 string guitar. I had to end up changing them back with like 2 weeks, but other than that I think they're pretty beast, great for drop E