Laney 2600 Watt FRFR

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrWulf

Reaction score
The idea that we must spend more, do more for a certain way just because when theres better, more efficient solution at hand will never stop baffle me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, now I'm sad. I was like super into this but that's price and the lackluster electronics has deflated me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not only does this seem like it's years too late to the party, it's competing against the Fender FR12 which seems to be getting rave reviews, especially for the price. Sure it doesn't look as metal, but it's smaller, lighter, and you can get two of them and still have money left over for something like an HX Stomp or FM3 compared to this lol.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
True but I was thinking 2 + a modeler because you... well... have the modeler, have just enough for 2 FR12s so you can have fun with stereo effects, and still be either within or close enough to the budget of one of these brand new lol.
You are definitely right. You could buy an entire awesome stereo rig for the cost of one of these mono cabs. The Laney does look pretty sexy though, I'll give them that much.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
More speakers moving air is always better.

It's funny to watch the almost wussification of modern guitar players on multiple forums now hating on a 4x12. We're supposed to want a wall of them on stage not whine about how heavy they are.

It's 10 lbs lighter than my orange and has a 2600 watt amp. I still think I'd prefer a tube power section but I would def check this out.
Call me a wuss, lol. I’ll take my 35lb wedge and my 10lb IEM rack over lugging a 4x12 I won’t even turn up loud enough to need it places all day every day. I’d rather sound good and keep the show moving than have cool looking gear. I only use like two tones and two FX for my deathcore band. I might just get one of those mooer prime p2s and the Bluetooth footswitch and have my entire rig in my guitar case.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Like even if you want the big-ass deadweight that is a 4x12 because you're an old man boomer that yells at clouds and wants to spite young people because convenience sucks...
...why not just get a 4x12 + power amp with your modeler? lol.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
This whole thing just derails the thread from focusing on what a low effort, mediocre product this is.
My only hope is it replaces the Orange 4x12s a few bands around here use for the AxeFX rigs and don’t even bother to turn the IR off on the cab signal. That is a terrible, terrible sound.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Like even if you want the big-ass deadweight that is a 4x12 because you're an old man boomer that yells at clouds and wants to spite young people because convenience sucks...
You forgot to tag me. Noob.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You forgot to tag me. Noob.
Sorry

Like even if you want the big-ass deadweight that is a 4x12 because you're an old man boomer named @Deadpool_25 that yells at clouds and wants to spite young people because convenience sucks...

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
More speakers moving air is always better.

It's funny to watch the almost wussification of modern guitar players on multiple forums now hating on a 4x12. We're supposed to want a wall of them on stage not whine about how heavy they are.

It's 10 lbs lighter than my orange and has a 2600 watt amp. I still think I'd prefer a tube power section but I would def check this out.

It's about the right tool for the job, the reason 4x12s are going away is because there are more convenient options that do better in the context of different sized venues. If you are playing ones that warrant 4x12s, then by all means, but you would be insane to play one in your bedroom. Hearing damage isn't the masculinity you should want to uphold.