FS Late 90s Bernie Sr. BC Rich Mockingbird (6 string)

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

Late 1990s Custom BC Rich (from Hesperia shop) Mockingbird in Trans Green with Floyd and Seymour Duncan pickups (Custom and 59 are what they used back then IIRC). Has Bernie Sr. signature on the back of the headstock. Good condition minus a scratch near the volume knob and one on the back of the headstock (see photos). Otherwise, see the disclaimer about the action.

AFAIK, I'm the 2nd owner. I bought it from a bass player about 4 years ago. I could never get the action low enough for me (I like it super low). I am moving soon. I might as well sell it since I don't play it often (too many guitars).

I had trouble getting the action very low on my own. The guitar is certainly playable for a "normal" set up job you would get from most stores. Anyone who prefers typical adjustments should be ok.

While Guitar Center might not see an issue with the guitar, I brought it to 2 independent shops. The neck is ever so slightly warped (the low E string has slight backbow if the high E string is flat). AFAICT, the condition has not worsened while I have owned it.

I did contact Hanser in 2014. They would not look into the issue as a warranty / defect (since I'm not the original owner). They referred me to a 3rd party in Ohio. I considered contacting Moser, but never got around to it. I did bring it to two bay area shops. The repair job (refret and possibly plane the neck) is $400-$500 around here. For me, I would rather not modify the guitar. I am confident other people will enjoy it without repair (I'm a purist and don't want to modify it).

Because this disclaimer, if you are in bay area and want to inspect it yourself, let me know. Otherwise the guitar is sold as-is. I will provide whatever info I can to make a buyer feel comfortable and confident.

Modifications (if any): The original owner rewired the knobs. The volume for the bridge and neck pickups are reversed. Also the 3 way toggle is vertical instead of 45 degrees or so. Otherwise I think it is original hardware.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hard shell flight case included. I doubt it is the original. Form fit and has BC Rich logo.

Location (City,State or City,Country): Bay Area, CA

International OK? : Prefer USA (local would make me more comfortable due to above disclaimer)

Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM me. I log in every other day or so.

References (eBay or other forum userid): I don't trade or buy/sell often. I can ping my ebay ID, but only have 20 or so transactions in 20 years :(

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1750 OBO. I'm not sure of the exact value or how much the possible repair should factor in. I will consider reasonable offers. I will consider trades for high end guitars. Been looking for a Taylor T5z, Mayones Regius, other BC Rich, etc. I have also been looking for a good lower wattage bass amp (100W-300W) like a Mesa Carbon M3 Combo or GK MB series.

Note that I might change my mind on this if I don't get any offers before I move.

Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8yiCdapsd2wnxRrn2

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.