League of Legends Megathread (Sign up here!)

• Thread starter baptizedinblood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
League of Legends (LoL) is a free MOBA-style game, similar to DOTA(Defense of the Ancients), the Warcraft 3 Map. It's a 5v5 hero arena with about 85 different heroes to choose from. There are two types of game modes: Classic and Dominion. In classic, there are 2 bases, and 3 lanes connecting each base together. The goal is to push your lane into the enemy's base and destroy their main nexus. In dominion, there are 5 points to capture; the team that holds less points than the other team loses HP from a pool of 500. The larger the difference of points, the faster the team loses HP. First team to 0 loses.

It's pretty fun, and fully free to play unless you want to pay for in-game skins for your heroes.

The website is HERE.

If anyone wants to sign up and play, I'd really appreciate it if you were to use this link HERE, as it is a referral link, and I gain bonuses for getting more players to sign up. My ingame name is XEN0CHRIST (with a zero, not an O), send me a message in game if you have any questions or just wanna play a match or two :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I'm playing LoL.
And just to mention it; LoL is only somewhat similar to DotA. And 85 different champions (counting in the upcoming one, Graves) to choose from.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
I already play, my summoner name is QuantumRealm :)

Great fun, Sivir is probably my favorite at the moment. I'm only level 7 yet though...

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
I've played LoL

HoN

and DotA

I play DotA on a private Australian server just because I can't be fucked learning all the heroes again...

troyguitar

Reaction score
I played for awhile but I just got tired of gaming entirely. My summoner name is also troyguitar lvl 30 if/when I play again.

shaggydogJV

Reaction score
I play every so often. Every so often meaning once or twice a month.

Summoner name is Yawnses if you want to add me.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Necrobump.

Names sephiroth952 for those who want to play.

I'm a level 24 who usually plays solo top champs or a mid diana. :)

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Necrobump.

Names sephiroth952 for those who want to play.

I'm a level 24 who usually plays solo top champs or a mid diana. :)
Jungle Diana is where it's at. :coffee:
I usually only play this with my friends (we generally make a whole Sunday out of it) and it's quite fun. I hate playing with randoms because I almost always seem to get paired up with people that either aren't good at all or speak no English, or both. Been playing for over a year and a half now I think.
What do you guys think of the new items and jungle for Season 3?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Idk bro. I really don't play her enough on SR. I usually play her on the treeline. She dominates the treeline.
I don't play any treeline but I could definitely see that. From my understanding the meta in TT is to just get through walls to get kills.

And yeah the game balancing is kind of always fluctuating what with new characters and now new items for season 3.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
EDIT: I wrote this before reading the OP which confirmed my thoughts. But please answer my question!

This is a good place for me to ask something that comes to mind whenever I hear about this game.
It's based on DOTA, right?

Now..what exactly IS Dota? As I understand it's a game which stemmed from a map in Warcraft and spawned a whole load of other games/expansions and things...
How can one map do such a thing - what am I missing?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Funny thing is that I never liked DotA in WC3, I stuck to TD games, arenas, and the actual online matches. LoL is free, though, so it's worth a try. Pretty long learning curve, though. I wasn't very good until after a couple hundred matches I would say. :ugh:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I liked playing as I leveled up, but by the time I hit level 30 it became too much like work trying to compete with people who were good. I have the same issue with regular StarCraft/WarCraft - it gets to be too competitive to be fun anymore.