League of Legends

• Thread starter Syriel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Anyone around here play? Post your IGN, server, main role(s), and division in ranked (or level if you haven't hit 30). Just looking around to play with people, mainly at Ranked.

I'll start.

IGN : FlashTrip
Server : NA
Roles : Mid / ADC
Divison : Silver II as of current, fluctuates between Gold IV and Silver III

And here's a cute pic of Lulu because she's cute.

maxresdefault.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
I tried it, hated it. Tried Dota 2 as well, hated it, too. Tried Heroes of The Storm, same thing.

Odd thing is that Dota 2 and LoL are the most popular free games at the moment, by far. I don't really understand it, because the MOBA genre is pretty monotonous. I played LoL with my brother and a few friends for about a week, and it was just the same thing over and over again pretty much. I'd probably play it if I didn't have anything else to do, but out of all the games sitting on my desktop, I'd be the least tempted to play those in pretty much any given situation.

I guess there's only so many times I can run back and forth on pretty much the same map over and over again until I can't stand doing it anymore.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I tried it, hated it. Tried Dota 2 as well, hated it, too. Tried Heroes of The Storm, same thing.

Odd thing is that Dota 2 and LoL are the most popular free games at the moment, by far. I don't really understand it, because the MOBA genre is pretty monotonous. I played LoL with my brother and a few friends for about a week, and it was just the same thing over and over again pretty much. I'd probably play it if I didn't have anything else to do, but out of all the games sitting on my desktop, I'd be the least tempted to play those in pretty much any given situation.

I guess there's only so many times I can run back and forth on pretty much the same map over and over again until I can't stand doing it anymore.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I've started playing MOBA from back when it was pretty much only Dota Allstars ( The WC3 Mod ), and I actually hated it when I first started. I got into it really hard cuz literally ALL my friends started out the same time as me, and we all just had fun even if we sucked at it. We were a huge number ( we had 6-10 playing together all the time ) though, so we didn't join public games to get flamed at cuz we all knew nothing about it.

If you're new to MOBA, it's really hard to stay playing when you're alone. Solo Queuing is tough, cuz everyone expects you to play well even if you're a newcomer.

The huge learning curve is also doesn't help.

About the same map all the time though, it's not about the map but more on the playstyles of the different Champions / Heroes that make it interesting.

Cheers.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
IGN : olasgardenhose/forsythia208
Server : NA
Roles : Top, sup, jungle
Divison : bronze 5/ lvl 15

Listed for both my accounts I was at one point gold 4 but i don't play all that much anymore.

Ps

GNAR OP. Digging playing him

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I played League in Beta and about a year out of it until season 1 was released.

Last champion I remember being released was Leblanc. Oldschool shit.
Meta changed way too much for my liking but it still a cool game. I pop on every few months for a game or two with amigos

IGN: TokiWartoothFTW
Roles: Mid, Support, Tank
Division: Idk wasn't even a thing when I played. Probably the lowest.

Karthus always best champ mid.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Gnar's definitely fun. His uncontrollable transformation is unique. Cute too.

Le Blanc last released eh? I remember those days when meta wasn't too fixed and people played really different comps and more diverse strats still existed. The meta's too fixed right now, with all the role calling and no diversity in lanes which is kinda a bummer.

Have you seen the new Karthus? He look wayyy badass now. XD

Sent you both an invite. :)

pink freud

Reaction score
I stopped playing League because other people got salty when all I wanted to do was level up five Bloodthirsters (back when a kill boosted your AD by a point per Bloodthirster) on Riven because it was funny.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I played League for a long time about 2ish years ago, but ultimately stopped for a variety of reasons. I know this isn't necessarily on topic since I no longer play it really, but it makes me sad that I transitioned to caring more about fighting gamin' and MOBAs blew up as this massive phenomenon that is even starting to get attention for college scholarships! ;-; No link for that at present, but I saw it on the news like yesterday morning.