Lee McKinney (Born of Osiris) has a Carvin now?

RoyceIsNotMyName

Reaction score
Hey, first time poster, long time SSO prowler.

Anybody know what the deal is with Lee McKinney's sponsorship? I know why he would want to get a Carvin, they're pretty killer, but does that mean his sponsorship from EBMM is over with?
I ask this because I saw an advert, so to speak, over Facebook with a picture of Lee playing his new Carvin, and I'm curious what the status of his sponsorship is. Is it EBMM or Carvin now? What about the rest of the band? Seems cool either way.

Also I don't know how to add pictures, but I'll try to add some later once I figure it out. SO far I've only seen the one facebook photo and another instagram pic, that's all...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
all I heard is it seems the bass player is definitely with Carvin now, as Jeff just posted his zebrawood bass all over.. but I do think there was a guitar made for Born of Osiris too.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Yeah, last I saw, Zack Khoury was hocking off 3 of Lee's EBMMs for pretty absurd prices (go fucking figure), so it seems like he's making the switch. Not sure why, as it seemed he was pretty well taken care of by the EBMM family. Oh well.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, last I saw, Zack Khoury was hocking off 3 of Lee's EBMMs for pretty absurd prices (go fucking figure)

There's a shocker! :lol: Yep, Jeff posted that he built him that trans-white custom so I'm guessing he's jumping ship to Carvin, unless this is just a temporary deal like it was with Javier Reyes where he wants to try it out and then will move to something else (or back to EBMM). :shrug: Seems like several folks have left EBMM to explore new endorsements lately, last I checked they appeared to be hooking up their artists with some pretty nice guitars but maybe that has changed recently or folks are just moving on to "something different" in search of shaking it up a bit. I know Mark Holcomb was endorsed by EBMM and moved to PRS recently as well. :)

RoyceIsNotMyName

Reaction score
There's a shocker! :lol: Yep, Jeff posted that he built him that trans-white custom so I'm guessing he's jumping ship to Carvin, unless this is just a temporary deal like it was with Javier Reyes where he wants to try it out and then will move to something else (or back to EBMM). :shrug: Seems like several folks have left EBMM to explore new endorsements lately, last I checked they appeared to be hooking up their artists with some pretty nice guitars but maybe that has changed recently or folks are just moving on to "something different" in search of shaking it up a bit. I know Mark Holcomb was endorsed by EBMM and moved to PRS recently as well. :)

Yeah I've noticed this as well. I am seriously hoping Mark gets some sort of insanely cool PRS djent machine.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Watch the latest rig rundown of Periphery and you'll see Mark talk about his new custom PRS djent machine.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Mehtab and Zack are trying to selling 2-3 of Lee's guitars (prices are jacked sky-high so that they can make money of course). But as far as I can tell, Lee still has a few of his EBMM's like his main white Petrucci, his Majesties that he just used in some videos, etc.....unless they've sold elsewhere already.

As for Carvin, David has been playing a Carvin bass live for awhile. But now seeing Lee with a Carvin as well has really just solidified it. Maybe the clock on their deal with EBMM ran out so he's feeling out new companies for endorsements or (better) gear? (Regardless of being free or discounted or not.)

Shit, with the stuff Kiesel has personally been building, no wonder Lee and David went with snatching up a custom Carvin from Kiesel himself! I'd f--king get one too!

damn, the pretentiousness is high on that forum huh? :lol:
Anyway, his new carvin looks boss.
Seriously... -.- Pretentious to the max... I mean it's great they support EBMM and all but sheeshhh...

On a side note: nice seeing Mehtab on there when he advertised that he should be working a million hours a week...yet he spends a million hours a week on so many guitar forums.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
This is always tough...We loved them but we didn't give them a signature guitar. Carvin did. Their communication with us has always been top notch and we will miss them and wish them well...I'm sorry that we weren't in a position offer them what they were offered elsewhere. I dont believe that there are any hard feelings on either party and we truly wish them nothing but the best...great band and wonderful people - Big Poppa over at ebmm forums.

If I recall this is sterling correct? According to him The guys in Boo are getting Signature guitars via carvin, so maybe well see a lee mckinney carvin sig?

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Yup, I believe Big Poppa is Sterling.

He is. He's a pretentious, condescending, and flat-out rude at times. Banned me for questioning the legitimacy of the "BFR" moniker (it goes a bit beyond that, but that's the gist). No one dares to not toe the party line over there. One user mentioned that it was funny that there's so little "hate" over at the EBMM forums... well, if you slightly question anything about EBMM, Sterling (Big Poppa) or say anything remotely disparaging about their guitars, you're gone and the threads are modded. It's whatever - just another business practice. As one SSO user pointed out, their "I don't give a fvck" attitiude may piss people like me off who get banned over trivial stuff, but it's also what inspires them to release amazing and unusual guitars like the Majesty - take the good with the bad, I guess.

/rant

Anyway, I think the only people EBMM really takes care of are their artists with emonymous guitars: John Petrucci, Albert Lee, Steve Lukather, Steve Morse, Reginald Bongo (just kidding, made that last one up).

I'm glad Carvin is getting more big-name endorsees. Not that they don't already have more business than they need, but it'd be nice if Carvin was eventually a household name. I hate when people ask what kind of guitars I play and they just have a blank look when I say "Carvin." The 14-year-old me would have so much wood if he knew ANYONE who had a Carvin!