Legator Guitars?

Mouth Of The Harlot

MortalKombatCore
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on Legator guitars?
We recently entered a contest to win a full endorsement by Legator guitars, and we are doing pretty well in 2nd place.

I've never even touched a Legator guitar in my life, though they endorse some musicians that I highly respect, such as Reflections and Within The Ruins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Contest for endorsement? So they've stopped endorsing any guitarist with a pulse?

I've yet to see a single reliable (as in not from an endorsee) review on these guitars. The specs are run-of-the-mill, the prices are okay, and the finishes look dreadful, especially the bursts. They're typical OEM-built guitars from the looks of it.

All the artists on their roster are either known endorsement jumpers who will play anything given to them for free/at a discount regardless of quality, specs, etc. or folks who quite plainly wouldn't have major endorsements from anyone else (sorry if that seems harsh, as at least one endorsee posts here :)).

From the looks of it, they [Legator] seem far more interested in marketing their brand via endorsements than selling them [their guitars] based simply on their merit. That's never a good sign.

Think about why you want an endorsement and why artists go for endorsements to begin with. If your answer is "free gear" and "free gear" then you're doing it wrong. :2c:

There is a REALLY good thread on here written by a professional, endorsed artist with several more (most in big, international acts) artists chiming in focused on endorsements. I HIGHLY suggest you read it. :agreed:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
One could also say forum posts about those are a bit suspicious as I've never heard of them anyplace else than on forums by relatively new accounts. /ponder.

vinniemallet

EBMM Addicted
Reaction score
Don't know nothing about Legator Guitars, I think they're doing their job to spend money in marketing and sponsor high successful artists. Since this industry have already a lot of brands and luthiers it's always hard to begin a new brand, especially if you wanna make normal production guitars to compete against Ibanez, ESP etc, but about the endorsement I wouldn't want to have an exclusive endorsement from a company that I didn't even try the guitars, to be honest I think I only would love to have an endorsement deal from EBMM haha. Good luck in your choice and I also suggest to read the thread that Max Of Metal mentioned.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
A friend of mine's other guitarist is endorsed by them. He said the guitars are average quality, nothing amazing. The story, though, is that the owner is apparently the CEO of one of the largest extreme motorsports helmet companies in the country, so this is just another outlet for him, and it's not his main source of income, so he can endorse several "big" name artists, send them free gear, and pay for/sponsor tours, basically just because he wants to. I personally find them horrendous. Have you seen the headstock on Josh Travis' signature 9? :spock:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
almost as much as a Suhr and they won't even say where it's made... Looks very, very sketchy.

Opus 475-LE

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
shitsøn;3709358 said:
Funniest thing I have read all week.

Also, what does your band's name remind me of... :scratch:

War From A Harlots Mouth?

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
I know that Reflections is endorsed by them and they have some sexy guitars, but that's it, I don't know anything about them.
The green one is quite sexy !

400710_572674049419977_941965118_n.jpg

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
I agree that getting endorsed just because you want free stuff, is a bad idea. If you really strive to have a Legator, and play them exclusively because you love them-then youre doing it right. If all the rest of your guitars are made by ESP and youre thinking "Free Guitar!!!"....youre doing it very wrong.

But that aside....

They look like Agile guitars to me. Solid but nothing special, you know? The videos on youtube seem like they are ok guitars. Who knows?

Tyler

Reaction score
Talked with the guys in Reflections and they said the quality was really good, of course I wasnt able to get my hands on it to see how valid that was but I can agree they just look "cheap" like an Agile per say.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that yellow/green burst is well done needs to check themselves. If you look on the Project Guitar forums most first timers do better with spray lacquer. :ugh: