Let the RG8 Mods begin...

vick1000

Reaction score
808 +18v = TEH BROOTZ!!!

The 808x is good, but more like a mid output passive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Considering buying another RG8 to holoflash it... I'm also considering an RGIR28FE... Thoughts...? I like EMGs so the thought of having something that comes preloaded with them but has the basic look and feel of an RG8 and the ability to more easily upgrade to a different set of EMGs (not a huge fan of the 808) might actually be a better choice for me...

Whats holoflash?

Iron labels are nice... Wouldnt mind owning one of those...

Eh to the EMG's... More of a blackout person myself...

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score

MASSIVE throwback to the 80's but damn some of the pics i saw the guitar looked amazing!

If you do that konfyouzd... Do a solid color... The teal one i saw was very sic... actually...
Crushed_Pearls_Holoflash.gif

Just dont do rainbow!! :lol::lol:

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be posting something cool up in here sometime soon...Or else I better start calling some people...

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Wonder whats in the box...:scratch:
0204161357_zpsyya2mt4e.jpg

Lots of bubble wrap..:agreed:
0204161400a_zpsazfccwak.jpg

Oooooh!... I see somethin!
0204161402_zpszhveuj9r.jpg

Ahhh... There she is!!:hbang:
0204161403_zpszc7nx56i.jpg

All said and done... $246 paid for the guitar with shipping!!! One hell of a steal considering its only superficial things with the paint thats the issue. Fretboard and neck look brand new. So once the "makeover" is complete... This thing will be on par with the prestige's!! Time to upgrade! Stay tuned!

windnative

Reaction score
Did you happen to buy it online from guitar center? I bought this one for the same price a couple of weeks ago. It was perfect (cosmetically) aside from the massive collection of dust.

image_1.jpg

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Yep... GC.com used gear section. $199. Couldnt pass that up. I do love the white...
But i have bigger plans for mine... The paint is being removed / replaced anyway.
All i cared about was that the guitar was structurally sound. I dont even care if the electronics worked... Hell even the bridge is gone:evil:
The mods are in the works /ordered and on the way... So this will be a quick build for me

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some Hipshot open gear locking tuners installed. I'd post pics, but my phone doesn't seem to want to get the pics to my computer... :noway:

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boo. How do you like them?

Sorry guys, my phone is acting up for some reason, still.

But I like them. I have the white RG8, and since the headstock is black, I took the odd option and got chrome tuners, because I like the way they look on the black headstock, and it gives it a different look than the rest of the hardware. They do their job and they look cool.

Nix_94

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Pickguard needs to be screwed down but then I think it's complete.
Pearloid pickguard, pearloid tuner buttons and a D-Activator in the bridge :yesway:
IMG_20160213_150701.png

IMG_20160213_150943.png

IMG_20160213_151041.png

IMG_20160213_151336.png

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Alright, damnit. I've got an Rg8 in white that I've sanded the black off of and painted white. Unfortunately, the last time I did this, the clear that I put on turned the damn thing off white/cream.

Can anyone recommend a spray on clear that actually dries clear?

movingpictures

Reaction score
Alright, damnit. I've got an Rg8 in white that I've sanded the black off of and painted white. Unfortunately, the last time I did this, the clear that I put on turned the damn thing off white/cream.

Can anyone recommend a spray on clear that actually dries clear?

Spraymax 2k cans

mr coffee

Reaction score
SprayMax 2K and USE A RESPIRATOR. Even spraying outdoors, that stuff left me feeling really bad when I did some bike parts. It's clear, it stays clear and it's good enough that my fenders are showing no wear or damage after several years and I don't baby my bike.

-m

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
What dye have you guys been using to 'ebonize' the necks?

And how does dying work with inlays? I've seen pics of people dying their fretboard darker both where they kept the inlays and where they dyed over them.

Is it just a matter of taping over the inlays before dying or is there something more to it? The only mod I'm really looking to do with an RG8 is dye the fretboard darker so it doesn't look so cheap.