Lets hope Chapman can cut the mustard here on SSO! (preorderd the ML-7)

• Thread starter Les
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
I really like what Rob Chapman is doing with his guitars. Solid setups with a killer price. They're made @the same factory as Schecter, ESP, and PRS. I really like the 7 with the Tele look. Teles have always been one of my favorite guitars, but I have never really liked how they play, go figure. So this should bring me best of both worlds... I hope. I'll probably upgrade the pickups to something from Seymour Duncan.

Its on preorder, I should be receiving it by late may early june. And the body is all natural, the black backed pic is of the protoype.

For those that dont know about it,

Hipshot hardware (bridge/tuners)
Ebony board
Maple set-through neck (just set a bit deeper into the body than a reg set neck)
Swamp ash
Rob's designed pickups (2x Humbuckers)
Top is carved but with the tele shaped body. Neat looking IMO.
26.5" scale

It was being developed in conjunction with "we the public", and Keith Merrow, until he was snatched up by schecter. I understand that this may be old news here, but I've got one on order and will update you guys with my customer service experience and a review when it comes. FYI its coming from a new Chapman distributor here in the US called FLIPSIDE MUSIC, out of Colorado.

FmTlPjR.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
What's the price on these? I've wanted a Tele 7 for ages now, and I love the natural top with chrome hardware.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
There is going to be another distributor in texas as well. RNA music. I believe they're doing a kickstarter to raise 8 or 9 grand. What your essentially doing is purchasing the guitar in advance so they can become an official distributor. They seem like good folks. I had already preordered from Flipside before i heard about RNA becoming a distributor.

Promit

Reaction score
I'm looking at the ML-7 S. There's a lot of guitars to be had for 7 string -- why this one? Honest question, I don't know anything beyond the spec sheets. The specs definitely look good, I like having locking tuners on there. But what makes these stand out?

AKan

Reaction score
I'm looking at the ML-7 S. There's a lot of guitars to be had for 7 string -- why this one? Honest question, I don't know anything beyond the spec sheets. The specs definitely look good, I like having locking tuners on there. But what makes these stand out?

On top of it likely being a excellent guitar (or at least we can hope so; there isn't much pointing to the alternative), you would be supporting a great operation.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
South Korea. Same company that makes PRS SE, Schecter's higher-end Diamond Series, and the ESP/LTD Deluxe Series

Matthew

Reaction score
I...what makes these stand out?

My understanding is that Chapman offers a solidly constructed guitar from a factory known for good quality at an extremely reasonable/affordable price. Then you mod it to hell.

I want an ML-7T. :hbang:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Awesome that they have some US dealers now. Been wanting to give these a try and the prices are great.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Holy shit! Do want!

Now I'm really wishing I had been keeping a better eye on these. They look awesome for the price!

celticelk

Reaction score

It's not a black superstrat. Also: clear finish over decent wood, routed for passive pickups, ebony fretboard, extended scale, Hipshot hardware. Plus the part where it's not another goddamn black superstrat.

Contra

Reaction score
Wow, this looks fantastic on paper. There is nothing about it that I look at and think "if only it didn't have ___..." Hopefully they sound and play great in practice and not just in theory! Definitely keeping my eye on this.

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Also: clear finish over decent wood

I believe its just waxed or oiled or something. Your not wrong, i just dont want people to get the impression that its a matte/satin clear spray laquer or the like. And your points about black superstrats are spot on!

Also, i hear that the stock pickups aren't all that bad. But that would be the only thing i'd upgrade. Gotta keep the cost down somehow. After all said and done, probably still under the $900 mark for a really sweet seven.