Let's vote for your favourite amp reissue!!!

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...and hope the companies consider this!!!

I just love to see again a small 1w JVM reissue in reasonable price (like the limited edition anniversary model that sold out), I assume it's doable (there's still the DSL1 in production), so why not???

So, what's your reissue wish list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
ADA MP-1.
I see people asking for this all the time, especially as a Synergy module and I just don't get the hype. I had one a long time ago when I ran a rack setup and it was... okay. Definitely not enough special sauce to have such a cult following IMO, but then again, there's a lot of super overpriced amps now that people seem to love but could be bought for like $200 all day a few years ago, so what do I know? :lol:

As far as reissues are concerned... I don't really know. Reissues tend to come with insane price tags because they only reissue amps that are already super expensive and anything they reissue that's not is already readily available for much cheaper than a new one would cost. I'd love to have a Sunn Model T again, but apparently the new Sunn is planning on them being over $4k, which is crazy talk.

fabronaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just love to see again a small 1w JVM reissue in reasonable price (like the limited edition anniversary model that sold out), I assume it's doable (there's still the DSL1 in production), so why not???
I wish they'd kept those 1W models in production somehow. they could've had it both ways by having the "limited anniversary run" (collector's / price gouge edition) with all the "made in the UK" marketing and then bounced production elsewhere for lower cost. they're all PCB based anyway and were apparently only assembled in the UK, so it's not like there'd be much difference in a modern factory.

that said, if they were gonna redo it, it'd be better to shoehorn a bunch of modern features in, like even lower power modes (I think Blackstar has that), integrated loadbox w/ IR loader (saw a Revv head with that), etc? it's gonna be interesting to see what they do to try to keep the amp company alive, given that almost all of their revenue is the bluetooth speakers / headphones and "lifestyle" products. Slash and Satriani were the biggest names they still had, and I'm not sure they even have their endorsement contracts any more.

either way, Marshall pricing is beyond ridiculous here in Canada. it'd probably go for 3 - 4x of what would be reasonable. so I'd probably go "cool, I'll maybe get a used one someday" vs. the sticker price and buy another Ceriatone instead. :lol:
ADA MP-1.
I keep hoping they make one of these for the Synergy modules. They did the IICP, so having a bunch of the older well-loved rack modules crammed into that form factor would be sweet. apparently they made some kind of ADA MP-1 pedal awhile back? not sure how that fared.

@MatrixClaw the appeal for me is that I've never had the chance to try one, so a decent approximation of "the real thing" might be fun 🤷‍♂️ that said, someone will probably nail it in that open source amp modeling format anyhow, if they haven't already. so maybe it's just pissing in the wind anyhow haha.

Last edited:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
@MatrixClaw the appeal for me is that I've never had the chance to try one, so a decent approximation of "the real thing" might be fun 🤷‍♂️ that said, someone will probably nail it in that open source amp modeling format anyhow, if they haven't already. so maybe it's just pissing in the wind anyhow haha.
You're not really missing much IMO. Basically any hotrodded Marshall sounding head can get you there.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Slagging the ADA and wanting a Sunn is a whole new level of WTF.
:lol: why, though?

I have multiple amps that can get the ADA sound without effort. The cheapest Model T I know of is the $1700 Ceriatone. I don't even play doom, I just think those amps are cool, but then I have a soft spot for Sunn because my first head was a Sunn and I dumbly sold it haha!

Marked Man

Reaction score
Mesa MkIII Simul-Class (25/50/100 watts) with separate EQs, perfected factory balance between the 3 channels and whatever modern IR upgrades, etc. Also offer 1 x 12 and 2x12 stereo combos (including hardwood and wicker).

No changes to the almighty Lead channel.

:minions:

Werecow

Reaction score
Marshall JMP-1 along with the 9200 power amp. Sound great, and also my favourite aesthetic design Marshall have come up with.

The old Dimebag & Crowbar era Randall amps... RG100ES and the Century. I don't think they were ever even released in my country. I've certainly not seen a single one anyway. I've always wanted to try them.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Marshall JMP-1 along with the 9200 power amp. Sound great, and also my favourite aesthetic design Marshall have come up with.

The old Dimebag & Crowbar era Randall amps... RG100ES and the Century. I don't think they were ever even released in my country. I've certainly not seen a single one anyway. I've always wanted to try them.
The JMP-1 is great. I had it at the same time as the MP-1, a Rocktron Gainiac II and a Randall RM4. The JMP and RM4 were my favorite. I was playing through a Mesa 2:90 though. Always wanted the 9200, those are definitely the most aesthetically pleasing power amps.

FWIW, I actually liked the Reissue Model T the best of any reissue I've played. It's not even an actual reissue, either and people seem to hate them online but I thought that amp was badass. Wish I would've kept it TBH. I liked it better than the original, but I think maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Also, I really dig the little 20w Marshall reissue heads, if they're considered reissues??

Shask

Reaction score
The JMP-1 is great. I had it at the same time as the MP-1, a Rocktron Gainiac II and a Randall RM4. The JMP and RM4 were my favorite. I was playing through a Mesa 2:90 though. Always wanted the 9200, those are definitely the most aesthetically pleasing power amps.

FWIW, I actually liked the Reissue Model T the best of any reissue I've played. It's not even an actual reissue, either and people seem to hate them online but I thought that amp was badass. Wish I would've kept it TBH. I liked it better than the original, but I think maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Also, I really dig the little 20w Marshall reissue heads, if they're considered reissues??
I remember thinking the JMP-1 with the fat switch on was similar to the MP-1.

I had a MP-1 once also. Bought it for $99. If we get a reissue, we also need the $99 reissue price, lol.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I remember thinking the JMP-1 with the fat switch on was similar to the MP-1.

I had a MP-1 once also. Bought it for $99. If we get a reissue, we also need the $99 reissue price, lol.
The JMP-1 was definitely capable of getting a similar tone. The ADA had more gain if I remember... But my problem with the MP-1 was that, I thought the JMP-1 sounded like a good Marshall tube amp, while the MP-1 sounded like a good Marshall-inspired distortion pedal 🤷‍♂️